Current Vacancy at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference the lives of children in need.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors and is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The Child Protection Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be assigned the following key duties and responsibilities:
- He/she develops a MEAL plan, proposes relevant tools and techniques to monitor Child Protection projects in Borno State areas and supports the projects teams in their implementation;
- He/she represents Tdh at CP coordination meetings at different levels and ensures linkages between the projects and the child protection sub-sectors are effective by sharing and communicating achievements of the projects;
- He/she has a leading role in Child Protection needs assessments in various Borno State areas: drafting ToRs, consolidating quantitative & qualitative data, writing assessment reports etc.
- He/she effectively contributes to capacity building of the local partner in the domain of M&E by providing continuous technical support, implementing formal trainings and conducting monitoring visits.
- He/she consolidates data from the field in order to produce evidence-based, analytical and quality internal and donor reports within the deadlines; He/she ensures that data is transmitted on time from the field to the coordination;
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Develop, share and implement a MEAL plan for all the CP projects implemented by Tdh
- Consolidate the monthly sitrep
- Draft questionnaires and take a lead in data collection
- Participate in writing assessments and survey reports
- Report any identified technical challenge, or question to the Child Protection Project Manager
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Develop specific monitoring tools adapted to each CP project
- Ensure that the monitoring tools are duly filled with reliable data
- Consolidate qualitative and quantitative projects data and produce evidence-based and quality internal and donor reports within the deadlines
- Design clear formats for data collection and treatment and train the Child Protection team accordingly
- Supervise the development and management of a Child Protection database management system
- Supervise data protection procedures and filing
- Closely collaborate with the Deputy Child Protection Project Manager, Outreach Technical Officer, PSS Technical Officer, FTR Technical Officers, Case Management Technical Officer to ensure that M&E tools incorporate inputs from the respective technical fields of expertise
- Ensure regular communication with the Child Protection Project Manager about updates, achievements and challenges through meetings, reports and ad hoc communication upon request and upcoming needs
- Carry out all the procedures connected with the accomplishment of the planned activities (administrative and logistical) through timely communication and collaboration with support departments
- Deliver any other tasks as assigned by the Child Protection Project Manager
- Closely collaborate with the local partner for capacity building purposes by provision of on-going technical support in the domain of M&E, implementing formal trainings and conducting field monitoring visits to various locations in Borno State areas
- Lead the process of identification of capacity building needs in the domain of M&E and designing a tailored trainings plan
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to various locations of Borno State areas, organize technical follow up meetings, draft field visits reports, suggest the necessary improvements and monitor its translation intro reality
- Support the local partner in designing a MEAL plan providing high quality expertise and assisting in development of the M&E tools
External Coordination and Representation:
- Coordinate with other CP actors on the ground to effectively contribute to the service mapping exercise, establishment of well-functional referral pathways, and information sharing
- Represent Tdh CP project in fora and meetings held at location or regional level in her/his field of expertise, including sharing of information and reporting
- Contribute to development of a community network to facilitate the project acceptance and stake holder’s contribution and ownership
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the projects activities
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Statistics, Information Management, Social Studies, or any other related discipline
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years experience in the field of child protection / protection overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks
- Knowledge & skills: Excellent analytical and writing skills, competent in participatory assessments, database design and other tools for information management
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software, excellent competencies in MS Excel.
- Other: Knowledge of child protection system in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building skills/ Excellent knowledge of child protection issues and best practices / Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection including survey design, implementation and analysis/ Knowledge of Mobile Data collection tools (ODK)/KoBo Toolbox
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minimum Standards
- Work in relief or development sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
Deadline: 11th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and 3 reference contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “Child Protection Monitoring & Evaluation Officer” in the subject line of your mail.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.