Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst Accounting & External Reporting Insurance and Fixed Assets
Job Number: 1804786
Job: Accounting & External Reporting
Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of billion-dollar brands like Cadbury. Developing the world’s favourite beverages and chocolate, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world.
At Mondelēz we’re serious about helping you grow and encourage you to build new career experiences to develop your talents. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, you’ll have access to a range of diverse opportunities that can span brands, functions and even countries!
Working at Mondelez International is all about the power of big – and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
This role partners with internal business partners to provide accounting guidance and to properly forecast insurance expenses.
Qualifications/Experience and Additional & Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of self-insured and captive insurance plans
- Strong knowledge of self-insured and captive insurance plans
- Strong experience preparing annual budget and forecasts for the insurance programs
- Experience with benefit plan accounting, self-insured health plans and insurance accounting
- Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities with competing/short deadlines
- BI (Business Intelligence) as well as ERP (especially SAP) experience/knowledge is highly desired
- Excellent analytical capabilities including Microsoft Excel skills and spreadsheet analysis techniques required with strong attention to detail
- Experience using SAP, Essbase, Hyperion Planning, and HFM
- Supervisory, project management or other similar experience leading process improvement (Six Sigma, etc.) initiatives
- Establish strong working relationship with business units and provide accounting guidance related to areas of responsibilities
- Review / prepare journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts timely and accurately for all insurance accounts
- Liaise with third-party actuaries to properly account for insurance reserves and accurately project accounting impact
- Perform monthly/quarterly close activities, including internal reporting and analysis
Laisse with insurance brokers to ensure we are properly covered:
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Physical verification and tagging of newly acquired assets prior to recording them in the assets register – Monthly
- Follow up on Project owners for presentation of duly approved project completion certificates for completed projects prior to capitalization – Monthly
- Total company asset count, verification and tagging
- Preparation and circulation of assets register by cost center to projects owners
Ad Hoc Projects/Other Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts for the insurance programs. Model various scenarios for the executive team on an as needed basis
- Proactively develop and execute process improvement initiatives while building upon/changing existing platforms
- Perform technical accounting research and write comprehensive position memos to support conclusions on various topics
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online