Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ESS Senior Field Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Family: Field operations
- To be involved with onshore preparation and installation of Completion equipment.
- Check equipment on location and maintain associated paperwork in-line with Weatherford and the Client Company polices procedures and systems, statutory regulations and good industry practice.
- The Field Supervisor is responsible for following all operational and procedural activities within his remit. The role is measured by the accurate fulfilment of job specific processes as well as the safe and efficient utilisation of Weatherford equipment.
- Liaise on location with the Operator / Client. Ensure that the daily report to town is sent and complete the sequence of events. To ensure that all job associated paperwork is handed in a timely manner including updating equipment asset folders.
- Working in workshop preparing and redressing Completion related equipment prior to and after installations
Follow job specific procedures:
- Undertake detailed design work e.g. torque and drag, schematics and tallies where applicable .
- Attending client’s pre-job meetings
- Check equipment onshore and offshore prior to installation.
- Assist in workshop with equipment load-outs.
- Assist in workshop with equipment maintenance and testing.
- Check Equipment onshore and on location.
- Daily Report to Town.
- Complete sequence of events.
- Update equipment asset folders.
- Required training is undertaken to a satisfactory level of achievement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude and ensure that – Passport; Medical Certificate; Immunizations; Offshore Survival Certification and any other necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Engineering Degree
- Experience in an oilfield service company.
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience.
- Critical understanding of Client’s needs.
- Knowledge of rig systems and drilling/completion/production operations
- The ability to work in a team environment and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Family: Product line
- The primary role of this job is to serve as the functional link between Sales, Operations, Research and Development, Sustaining Engineering and Product Line Management with regards to the support of existing and new technology.
- Oversight and Development of region technical standards in engineering, sales and operations.
- Generate Sales and increase revenue at the Regional Level through sale of Products and Services following designed Technical & sales objectives, policies, and programs to achieve maximum Sales at the highest return to the Company and introduction of the new technologies and capabilities for Weatherford.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must understand and comply with quality, safety, and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work within an established geographical area to generate new business, increase revenue and service existing customer.
- Ensure developed Marketing/Sales initiatives and objectives are followed in a harmonious manner with Weatherford’s overall programs, objectives and plans.
- Provide technical knowledge and support to customers. Assist other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues of the products. Attend classroom instructional sessions aimed at product line specific training.
- Work with sales staff and R&D to propose changes in existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Monitor technical content of job proposals generated in field and sales to ensure technical standards are being upheld.
- Assist and support new product introduction / development.
- Develop and present technical courses, both internally and to external clients.
- Monitor District, Field and Trainee Engineers career development process.
- Develop regional marketing communications material in support of new product / service launches and overall marketing strategy.
- Provide field technical support as needed.
- Assist in technical investigations and problem Job reporting.
- Design and develop new applications and scenarios to fulfill customer requirements and objectives with highest efficiency.
- Maintain sales contacts with key customers.
- Support the overall technology strategy.
- Advises sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation or sales of products and/or services of the organization
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and overview of Qualify assurance.
- May assist sales personnel in the preparation of bids
- Meets with customers to develop and design products and services
- Training customers and/or field personnel on new products
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
This Position have the Authority to:
- Compile any technical Documentation
- Generate Technical Proposals and technical data sheets
- Generate and review of equipment Running procedure
- Communicate Best practices and lessons Learned with Different Location.
- Communicate Best Practices, lessons learned and operating procedures with internal and external customers.
- Introduce new technologies and different applications with internal and external customers
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must be able to follow instructions
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, etc.,)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve using thorough analytical skills
- Should be able to work closely with internal customers
- Self-motivated and committed to service quality is a must
- Computer Aided Drafting (AutoCAD, Solidworks, ProE or equivalent)
- Ability to liaison between Customer and Weatherford across all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 year experience in Field Experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience in Application Engineering (AE I) Experience or equivalent.
- Competent in Level 1 Liner Hanger
- Competent in Level 1 Cementing Products
- Competent in Level 1 Inflatable Packer
- Competent in Level 1 Swellables
- Competent in Level 2 Liner Hanger – Field Engineer.