Rossland Group – Our client, Commodity Development Initiative (CDI), a non-profit organization, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising/Grant Officer
- CDI is a non-profit organization; fundraising is a key determinant to the level of progress we make towards achieving our goals and to the percentage of our target population we provide support for. Therefore, CDI wishes to appoint Fundraising Officers to source and secure funds.
- It is hoped that the successful candidates will start work as soon as possible. He/She will be placed on probation for 3months after which they will be considered for employment based on their performance.
- Successful candidates will also be provided with monthly transport allowance, official phone, computer, desk space and access to an official vehicle.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- 5 years experience in a related position
- Verifiable track record of excellent fund raising skills.
- Demonstrable track record of fundraising or sales and achieving targets set
- Inspirational talker: ability to motivate, inspire and engage an audience into an action of supporting the work of CDI
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- A good understanding of budgets
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of devising successful fundraising strategies
- Strong communications (written, oral and presentation) skills
- To support the organization in the design, development and implementation of fundraising strategies.
- To undertake research and produce a database of international and local donor organizations.
- Monitor donor organizations and websites to identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the CDI.
- To work closely with program lead to ensure the consistency of key CDI messages and brand.
- To effectively represent and market the mission, vision and values of CDI at events as agreed.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all work.
- Work together with team to compile an annual fundraising plan and budget.
- To undertake additional tasks and responsibilities which may arise from time to time and which are relevant to the post.
- To undertake research and produce a database of international and local organizations with similar goals and interests with CDI.
- Identify and inform on organizations CDI can partner with for a mutually beneficial relationship.
- To establish and maintain effective relationships and oversee contact with potential and actual donors, ensuring that relationships are managed in an effective and timely manner.
- To ensure all donations/grants/pledges are acknowledged and appreciated promptly.
- To undertake regular research and analysis into trends, opportunities and issues affecting donor and trust giving.
- To identify, develop opportunities and assist in fundraising activities in support of the work of CDI.
- Improve and develop communications awareness material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, poster etc.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using the job role as the title of the e-mail.
Application Deadline 15th May, 2018.