Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager, Android
As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, market analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As an Android Product Marketing Manager, you will take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every aspect of the product’s journey. From uncovering user insights, determining positioning, competitive analysis, feature prioritization, driving key partnership agreements and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. You will work with a cross-functional team across corporate communications, legal, product development, engineering and more. The role enables you to organize product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategies.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing partnerships and leading cross functional projects.
- Marketing experience (audience segmentation and channel selection, market research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development and campaign execution).
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the mobile industry and/or marketing industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) mobile industry and Android’s position in it, as well as a demonstrated understanding of Google products (e.g. Search and YouTube etc).
- Developed communication, organisational and collaboration skills with the ability to define and drive initiatives across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with ability to manage and coordinate projects that span across multiple locations.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills with a high degree of analytical and business rigor.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, with developed quantitative and analytical skills.
- Develop and lead the Android user strategy for SSA, including both owned and co-marketing propositions to drive platform adoption and product usage.
- Define retail marketing strategy for Android in SSA, including always-on retail training programs, sales incentive programs, point-of-sale marketing, and other customer facing experiences. Develop methods to track effectiveness of retail strategy through measurement and customer research.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user. Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Lead the development of Go-to-Market and always-on Android marketing plans. Execute on strategy, partnering with internal cross-functional stakeholders across product management, PR, partnerships and retail operations. Represent Google in conversations with partners. Monitor and evaluate performance, and define and share best practice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Lagos, Nigeria; Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya.