Graduate Finance Assistant Recruitment at ACTED
The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,300 national staff 300 international staff, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
About the Job
- The Finance Assistant be supporting the Finance Officer to be accountable for the true and fair accountancy of the Base. She/he is responsible to respect and follow-up the ACTED’s financial procedures. She/he is responsible to update SAGA and work on Finance Titanic on monthly basis.
- He as well would be expected to assist in the preparation of project financial report if authorized by The Finance Officer
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of business is require
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarian or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Experience with the use of SaGa (Accountancy) and Microsoft Office Package
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- On a daily basis:
- Allocation of the Expenses: Daily allocation of expenses on “purchase orders” & “vouchers”;
- Data entry in SAGA: Daily vouchers to be entered in SAGA;
- Follow-up of Contracts: Update contracts follow-up database in TITANIC, whenever payments or any other changes occur to specific contract(s)
- Assistance: Assist the Country Finance Manager whenever needed
- On a weekly basis:
- Weekly cash request: Prepare Statement of expenditures and present it to the Finance Manager on each Friday
- On a monthly basis:
- Cash Request (Monthly Budgeting): To prepare the monthly budgeting of the base office for the coming month and send it to Country Finance manager on the12th of each month;
Monthly official signature table:
- SAGA (Accountancy of the month): To send monthly closure of accountancy (Saga) to the CFM before the 5th of each month.
- Finance Vouchers of the month: Review and send all the Finance Vouchers to the capital office after receiving the SAGA backup.
- TITANIC: Prepare Titanic sheets of the Capital office and send them to the CFM before the 10th of each month;
- Maintain all allocation tables and BFU update on monthly basis;
- Ensure that all the expenses of the area are allocated on the available projects
- Ensure that the running cost of the area are not exceeding the standard norms
- Ensure that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM or CR;
- Review and check all project related financial, logistics, administrative, and program information and send them to the Capital Compliance Officer.
- Facilitate the country Compliance review process once the project has been terminated and ensure the accurate documentation of costs/expenses allocations within the documentation;
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability,
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start Date: As soon as possible Desirable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s to: email@example.com addressing all applications to: “The Recruitment Manager”.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered. e.g CCCM Team Leader-Mafa
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CV’s will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.