Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guest Reservation Agent
Reports To: Front Office Manager
- Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, social media or through a central reservation system
- Creates and maintains reservation records-usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
- Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, social media or central reservation systems referral.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquires and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Walk around with the client and ensuring that they secure whatever services they are in need of.
- Getting information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- Making arrangements for clients travel programs.
- Tracks future room availability on the basis of reservations, and helps develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy.
- To be aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception duties when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures.
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house.
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
- Configuring rates on the hotels property management system.
- HND/B.Sc. graduate or equivalent
- Must speak, read, write, and understand English used in the workplace
- Must be able to speak and understand English used by the guests who visits the hotel.
- Previous hotel-related experience desired
- Experience in Hotel software (Opera) and their functionalities.
Deadline: 18th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com