Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Communication Officer
Locations: Ogun and Kwara States
- Developing positive relationships between the Company and host communities.
- Driving the growth of the brand within Region, while also managing all internal and external communications for the company ensuring its messages are consistent explicit and precise.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or Higher National Diploma in Marketing
- Required Experience 4 – 7 years
- The ability to influence staff on a 360 basis both up and down the organisation is essential.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Awareness of different media agendas.
- Experience working in customer relations.
- Ability to research and evaluate results of a Public Relations (PR) campaign/programme.
- Experience and skill using a camera to take photographs and shoot basic video.
- Proficient in the use IT/computer based applications relevant to the task.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, statements, e.t.c. and to meet short deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
Media Relations and Community Engagements:
- Performs Corporate Communication functions; internal and external communications
- Carries out directives from Head, Branding and Corporate Communication on issues of branding and communications and their processes across IBEDC franchise.
- Participates and make presentations in regional MPR meetings and other official engagements.
- Accepts Invites and coordinates visits to communities and neighbourhood meetings, necessary for crisis prevention, communication and management.
- Accepts invites from targeted groups like youth and opinion leaders, Market leaders, traditional rulers, communities elders, law enforcement agencies, government functionaries, scheduled regional and NERC directed engagements to inform, educate and address specific issues of mutual interest.
Event management and facilitation:
- Implements quarterly or bi- annual regional sales promo
- Designs and craft revenue payment compliant messages; Bulk and specialized SMSs, letters and deliveries in liaise with the RCM, RTM and the business hubs heads.
- Any other function(s) assigned by the Head of Branding and Communication and the Regional Management as the occasion arises.
Deadline: 1st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click here see vacancies” and select “Regional Communication Officer” to apply accordingly.