The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), an international non-governmental organization with its head office in Arlington, Virginia, USA, has been active in Nigeria since 1998. IFES provides technical assistance to the electoral cycle to enhance citizen participation and strengthen institutions, civil society, governance and transparency. IFES has a history of working with relevant state and non-state actors in Nigeria, building the capacity of institutions such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), civil society organizations, media, and judiciary.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Gender Advisor
- Responsible for designing and implementing gender integration initiatives for electoral management bodies and other partner organizations; draw on international best practices and gender equity principles to inform the implementation of program activities aimed at supporting increased participation of women in the electoral process.
- Assist with data gathering and M&E program reporting on gender outcomes Work with EMBs in engaging CSOs and youth in enhancing credible elections and increasing women voter participation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Political Science or related field (Masters degree preferred).
- Business awareness and numerical ability
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Most value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong ana proven track record with democracy and governance work.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in gender analysis and programming, with a background in human rights and a rights-based approach to development.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting women’s participation in governance and elections in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID, UKAlD and other donor gender policies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and writing) and presentation skills
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
Deadline: 27th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s applications, Resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only applications sent by mail will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted