International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) Job at Gender Advisor
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Gender Advisor
- Responsible for designing and implementing gender integration initiatives for electoral management bodies and other partner organizations; draw on international best practices and gender equity principles to inform the implementation of program activities aimed at supporting increased participation of women in the electoral process.
- Assist with data gathering and M&E program reporting on gender outcomes Work with EMBs in engaging CSOs and youth in enhancing credible elections and increasing women voter participation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Political Science or related field (Masters degree preferred).
- Business awareness and numerical ability
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Most value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong ana proven track record with democracy and governance work.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in gender analysis and programming, with a background in human rights and a rights-based approach to development.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting women’s participation in governance and elections in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID, UKAlD and other donor gender policies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and writing) and presentation skills
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
Deadline: 27th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s applications, Resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only applications sent by mail will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted