Job Opportunities for Driver at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the transporting of goods and persons safely toward their destination
- The Driver also supports for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Field Office Administrator.
- The Driver position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4×4 vehicles with manual gear.
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa.
- Computer literate.
- 2 years’ work experience in INGO as a driver.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- To operate INSO vehicles as directed by the Field Office Administrator
- To assist the Field Office Administrator in travel and Fleet Management.
- To assist the Field Office Administrator in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation and travels
Terms & Conditions
- 12-month contract with expected start date of (1st May 2018), 2 paid annual leave days/month accrued, health and life insurance.
Deadline: 30th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: email@example.com and reference “INSO – Driver Maiduguri” in the subject line of the email.
Applications must contain the following documents:
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Updated CV (2 pages maximum).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).