GBfoods – “Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local essence and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.
Its innovative character, its local recipes, their commitment to optimal nutrition through daily meals that its products take part, and its commitment to society, are the keys to its success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Manager
Location: Kaduna (Nigeria)
Sector: Consumer goods
- The Site Manager will be responsible for onsite execution and monitoring of Green field Project, including Warehouse construction and Land clearing.
- He or she will oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done timely, safely and within budget while maintaining quality standards
- Design and implementation of project activities including the development of site, work plans, recruitment and management of team activities
- Monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise
- Maintain positive relationship with members of their site team, clients, and liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners.
- Ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
- Maintain quality control of project activities, including supporting fielded teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback
- Management of site budgets activity and resources
- Responsible for the supervision and management of team members.
- Ideal candidate must be able to speak Hausa fluently.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in civil construction related projects.
- Degree in Engineering.
Job Title: Agric Engineer
Sector: Consumer goods
- Ensure all farm machinery and irrigation equipment are maintained in good working condition.
- Handle preventive and corrective maintenance of farm machinery
- Installation and management of irrigation equipment
- Maintenance planning and scheduling for farm machinery
- Identify vendors to complement farm machinery maintenance and repairs
- Advise management on procurement of appropriate farm machinery
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar capacity with relevant certifications
- Knowledge of tractor and farm machinery repairs and maintenance.
- Degree in Agricultural Engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to speak Hausa language will be an added advantage
Job Title: Agronomist
- Carrying out farm operations of Land preparation, planting, weeding, harvesting, storage and maintenance of farm records.
- Conduct soil test and experiment to ascertain soil quality
- Collect samples from the field, identify problems and its causes, talk to farmers and other involved in the industry or introduce unique techniques and products that could improve soil quality.
- Identify best ways to plant, cultivate, harvest and improve yield
- Develop working methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free.
- Work closely with farmers to develop better farming conditions through improved farming practice
- Assist the farmers in the effective usage of land and recommend techniques to increase harvests
- Plan and execute studies to scientifically improve crop yields
- Provide technical report, make presentations and report findings
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in vegetable farming
- Working knowledge in Mechanised farm operations like ploughing, seeding, spraying, harvesting etc.
- Ability to operate farm machineries such as tractor, planters and harvesters
- Degree in Agronomy, Soil science or related courses
- Ability to speak Hausa language and interact with local farmers is key
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2018.