Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Learning Engineer
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Job Level: Intermediate
- We are a technology driven data-analytics Company powering intelligent marketing across Africa.
- We need skilled, talented and smart Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing technology team.
- We are looking to hire a developer who is interested in joining highly motivated problem solvers powering the future of intelligent marketing.
- Data Analytics.
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Basic programming Knowledge and skills.
- Excellent people-relations skills.
Educational Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other related field
- Minimum of One- two (1-2) years working experience on Machine Learning in a fast paced and complex business settings
- Experience as a software engineer with a deep interest in Analytics and Data Science
- Deep knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries
- Good knowledge of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL or Object-based databases
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning and data analytics techniques
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable but not essential
- Ability to engineer beautiful code and work on varied data science projects across multiple industries
- Proven knowledge of object-oriented programming e.g. Scala, Java, C++ etc.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, R etc.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Machine Learning Engineer’s function covers:
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to create analytical variables, metrics and models.
- Work with Data Scientists to solve difficult engineering and machine learning problems and produce high-quality code.
- Identify and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages and frameworks for each task, while developing your abilities and understanding of data science methodologies and approaches.
- Contribute to coding and engineering practices across all projects.
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs and tools.
- Creation of Analytical models and variables
- Production of high quality codes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 25th April, 2018.
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.