Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Reports To: Food and Beverage ManagerPosition Summary
- Food and Beverage supervisors are generally responsible for all of the business operations of a dining establishment.
- Duties typically include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling and managing employees, as well as overseeing inventory, including food and beverages, supplies and other restaurant equipment.
- Supervisors are also responsible for resolving customer complaints regarding food quality and service and making sure the business complies with health and food safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with departmental policies and standard service procedures.
- Supervise efficient upkeep of tools through proper usage of equipment and devices.
- Analyze all guest requirements and prepare plans resolve customer care related issues and satisfy guests.
- Monitor and ensure optimal cleanliness, sanitation for all growth oriented organizational projects.
- Manage and administer supply of linen cloths and uniforms to staff members for cleaning rooms and other private suits.
- Perform regular investigation on design and provide all materials and devices to ensure enhancement of better services.
- Assist all room service staff members to work properly and provide maximum facilities to guests to outlet.
- Monitor all phone calls to room service department to ensure timely resolution for same.
- Facilitate procedures to take orders from visitors in systematic way and ensure compliance to all regulations and standards of department.
- Monitor bar set-up maintenance programs, check buffet/reception tables and coffee breaks process plus initiate plans to enhance beauty of hotels.
- Coordinate with various departments and ensure staff set up and supply remains according to departmental standards.
- Monitor and ensure completion of orders, administer all maintenance projects plus communicate with engineering staff for all repairs.
- Prepare documents and maintain adherence to departmental standards.
- Monitor status of assignments and any follow-up in association with manage plus supervisor in waiting list.
- Overhaul and monitor archives plus check price list of food and drinks inclusive and analyze on food and drinks.
- Inspect food and beverage product preparation programs and maintain goodwill of company.
- Education: B.Sc. Graduate must speak, read. Write, and understand English language.
- Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired.
- Physical: Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 25KG.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports To: General Manager
- As Human Resources Coordinator you will work under the general guidance of the Hotel HR Manager and be responsible for supporting the HR team on their day to day operation. He/she executes the hotel’s Talent Development strategy by planning Company and hotel training programs and the recruiting of non-management roles in the hotel.
- Also coordinating the administration support to the Human Resources team in accordance with the Hotel’s standard and procedures and to ensure that staffing needs are met in a timely manner, from placing ads to interviewing and hiring.
HR Managers Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the organisation of the staff social events.
- Coordinating Hotel Associate events and activities.
- Compiling payroll / Absence data.
- Coordinating HR Dashboard / Statistics.
- Coordinating staff food festivals and entertainment programs.
- Co-ordinating staff daily transportation to and fro from staff accommodation.
- Assist and resolve hotel staff and management queries.
- Updating salary and benefits information.
- Developing job descriptions, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates, preparing personal files of the colleagues.
- Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviours that will contribute to service excellence.
- Responsible for the on the job orientation for new hires.
- Assist with Internship or training program and ensuring that all Interns are receiving the necessary support and guidance during their industrial exposure training.
- Manage HR administration such as starters and leavers process.
- Complete monthly and fortnightly paperwork to be submitted to the Payroll team.
- Ensure up to date and accurate information is fed into the Human Resources Software.
- Assist with employee relation issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinarians, grievance and capability.
- Ensure recruitment and selection process is adhered to and that all the relevant immigration checks are carried out correctly.
- Manage HR administration such as contracts, letters and personnel files.
- Full usage of HR System including running of Payroll, Change of Status Requests and other amendments as required that are for HRD Approval.
- Maintenance of HR email account and ensures prompt response.
- Analyze staff turnover and sick leave with the aim of implementing strategies for reduction.
- Assists the general manager in Budget preparation where required and is fully aware of all Budgeted Positions and hiring approvals.
- Establish and maintain a group of contacts with Hospitality Colleges to set up a system for entry-level employment.
- Full coordination of employment residence visa, renewals, visa medicals and termination of employment along with the PRO team.
- Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and keep up to date with changes to local authorities.
- Provide staff counselling, guidance, career planning, and oversee disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal and oversee any Grievance Complaints made as required.
- Supporting the hotel with departmental training requirements including inductions, work experience, careers fairs, and training materials.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times, and provides information only to those with a need to know.
- To know and follow the Health & Safety at Work Act and comply with the hotel’s Health & Safety policy.
- Confidence in working independently and part of a team.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Effective written and oral communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals , policies and procedure.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Human Resources.
- Experience: At least 2 year of experience in an International Luxury Brand Hotel in the same / similar field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send thier CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th April, 2018.