Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: LGA Program Assistant
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
To strengthen/support the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks, Food Security & Livelihood and WASH components of WINNN project in the host LGA).
Key Areas of Accountability
The scope of this role will include:
- Document Nutrition/WINNN Meetings i.e. meeting reports, minutes etc. at the LGA level;
- Document best practise, lesson learn and success story of all WINNN project component (Nutrition, FSL & WASH) and share with the state team;
- Under the supervision of the M&E Coordinator (WINNN), manage the preparation, coordination and execution for Nutrition/WINNN events such as trainings, conferences and workshops on project data tools;
- In collaboration with the relevant units, provide operational support for travel logistics and providing other support as needed, to ensure that tasks are completed successfully;
- Initiate and follow up on production and/or procurement of programme tools and equipment, as well as its distribution, as needed.
- Other ad-hoc duties assigned.
- Ensure Nutrition, FLS and WASH internal and external reports are properly filed in hard and soft copies at the LGA level and submit to the State;
- Manage WINNN KM platforms; Google drive, One Drive etc. and update them as necessary;
- Keep an updated Nutrition, FLS and WASH partners and Media contacts database at the LGA level;
- Contribute to the development and design of programme documents, data gathering/information as needed from all project component (Nutrition, FSL & WASH) at the LGA level;
- Collect data about Nutrition, WASH and FSL issues in local Government Area and share as appropriate to the State team;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Nursing, Social Sciences, Humanities or related field;
- Fluency in English Language; knowledge of Hausa language is desirable;
- Good writing, organization and documentation skills;
- Previous experience with archiving and documentation will be an added advantage;
- 1-2 years’ working experience in a similar environment.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively and timely.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common SCI/Project goals at the LGA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Deadline: 20th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online