Pact Nigeria – At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – OVC
Department Name: Program Delivery
- Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded orphaned and vulnerable children project in Nigeria.
- The Chief of Party will provide technical leadership and operational oversight for the project and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and relevant project stakeholders.
- The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for ensuring project impact is achieved and that all contractual requirements are met on time and within budget. This position is contingent upon award.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as public health, or international development.
- At least 10 years of experience managing and implementing OVC, health, civil society or livelihood assistance programs in developing or transitional countries, with strong preference for candidates with experience in Nigeria or other West African countries.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ethical management practices.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with governments and civil society partners.
- Professional-level English language skills (written and oral).
- Previous senior-level management experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Deep knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Nigeria.
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and management of project activities, providing leadership to the project team to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
- Serve as the project’s liaison with USAID, partners, the Government of Nigeria, and other key project stakeholders.
- Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and operating budget) and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and reports).
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of donor and Pact resources.
- Ensure that Pact provides high-quality technical assistance to local partners; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
- Ensure that all project reporting requirements are met.
- Oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure close coordination with other relevant in-country initiatives.
- Represent the project at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support USAID and Pact’s thought leadership in local governance in Nigeria and the region.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deadline: 13th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online