Kantar is one of the world’s leading data, insight and consultancy companies. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project & Costing Manager
Role Mission Statement
- The objective of this role is maintaining and supporting excellence in costing practice and ensuring that are all project costing are provided adhering strictly to financial guidelines as mandated by the business.
- Would be responsible for ensuring accurate and consistent costing across teams and brands ensuring uniformity of cost elements which are common across all.
- Would also support the drive for improved project profitability through provision of the necessary analysis to top management to show trends to drive corrective actions.
- Would be the local custodian of the KEL costing tool and point of liaison with both local and regional finance teams for all updates
- Nobody knows consumers better than Kantar. Providing insight and inspiration to help clients flourish in an extraordinary world, we bring together 12 of the world’s leading research, data and insight brands. At the heart of WPP, our global team of 30,000 people in more 100 countries delivers specialist insight, business strategies and consultancy support.
- Champion costing process ensuring all costs are accurate and complies with costing process
- Generation of important periodic commercial reports like GM and profit analysis by teams and by brands
- Smooth coordination of Ops units and other support functions (DC,QC,DP,IT, Admin) when responding to RFQ requests from either the local CS or MCP teams
- Development and maintenance of necessary rates cards required for costing
- Ability to analyse and spot trends
- Articulate and able to communicate clearly both written and verbally with no ambiguities
- Good understanding of finance processes, commercials of a project.
- Ability to use excel to run analysis and reports which can clearly communicate trends and scenarios which are useful for decision making or taking remedial actions
- Ability to effectively critique and challenge all direct cost budgets for optimisation and giving useful feedback for improvement
- Tertiary education, preferably a degree (B.Com, Business Administration, Project Management or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word, added advantage if have advanced Excel experience & skills
- At least 3-5 years working experience
- Sound knowledge of the research process and marketing research, previous research experience an advantage
- At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.