The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Sub-Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Water and Habitat Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, some college coursework completed, an Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Water Supply, Sanitation, Construction, Engineering or any related Technical field
- Driving license, succeeded in ICRC driving test
- Experience in assessing, surveying, calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of buildings
- Familiarity with Niger Delta region
- Additional vocational training in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or any related technical field
- 4-6 years of experience in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or similar technical position
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Expert level in computer skills
- Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction, local techniques and requirements for construction
Desire profile and skills:
- Adaptable and Autonomous
- Efficient and Organized
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible and reliable
- Plans, designs and implements engineering projects within the scope of ICRC Water and Habitat assistance objectives under supervision and with limited coaching
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, water and habitat, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and proposes adapted interventions/programs
- Provides field-trip reports, site inspection reports and Minutes of Meetings according to the existing format to the Head of Sub-delegation and WatHab Delegate in a timely manner
- Carries out needs assessments and surveys, and plans of new projects
- Responsible for the implementation of all or part of the WatHab programme in his/her area of geographic responsibility
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building code/standards and ensures corrective action is taken if necessary
- Evaluates project implementation and analyses data within the framework of results-based management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the role you are applying for as the subject of your application for example “Wathab Engineer PoH”.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2018.
- Applications intended for this role without the above subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.