Pivotage Consulting- Our Client, a fast-growing/reputable company in the Marine Services Industry is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced Accountant.
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria.
Job Type: Full Time
Career: Mid/Level Expert
- Coordinate routine accounting activities, documentations, proper filing and archiving of accounting documents as well as reports preparation.
- Ensure employee are paid on time, he also ensures that suppliers and vendors are paid according to the set time limits.
- Ensure all the company’s finances are precise and up to date.
- Ensure all transactions are covered by adequate sanctions and do not have any deviations.
- Handle all bank and bank related operations.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and management account.
- Prepare weekly reports.
- Any other duties as required by Management.
- Advice management on cost management and economic implications of the company’s business activities.
- Post daily financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and periodic financial statements for the company in a timely manner to meet relevant internal and statutory requirements.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and carry out bank and cash runs as may be directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of information ensuring that confidential data are accorded the confidentiality they deserve.
- Provide reliable and pertinent information for organizing and allocating funds.
- Ensure timely payment of loans, grants and bills.
- Prepare and monitor the company’s payroll system.
- Identify and maximise cost management opportunities.
- Meet and exceed Key Performance Indicators with regards to:
- Cash flow from financial Activity
- Account reconciliation
- Cash process
- Cycle time (days to close/days to report)
A suitable candidate must:
- Possess B.Sc. / HND in accounting or other relevant field.
- Possess at least 3 years’ experience.
- Possess ACA/ACCA certification (added advantage)
- Possess the knowledge of IFRS (added advantage).
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Have good organizational ability.
- Be able to effectively use MS Office – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate effectively and possess presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Have good knowledge of any accounting package.
- Be able to prepare monthly financial accounts (compulsory).
- Be able to interpret financial statements.
- Be able to carry out bank reconciliations.
- Have good knowledge of statutory reporting standards.
- Have an understanding of the operation & application of the Nigerian tax and Pension laws.
- Have practical knowledge of international accounting standards and practices
- Have good report writing skills.
- Be a good team player with self-confidence.
- Be a fast learner and have the ability to coach.
How To ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s only to: email@example.com Using the role (Accountant) as the subject of your application (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only.)
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2018