Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Road Construction).
- He must work with project site engineer on drainage constructions, pipe and box culverts, foundation knowledge of asphalt, installation of Asphalt plant machines, etc.
- The Civil engineer is also responsible for the quality control/quality assurance of all construction materials used at site.
- Assists in supervising drainage sub-contractors
- Visits site and interprets civil roadway design / highway design, drainage /Storm water Design and rehabilitation drawings on road.
- Traffic Engineering.
- Assist with contract document preparation including plans, specifications, and estimates
- Go out to site to interpret design drawings to workers;
- Write reports and provide feedback to Project site engineer
- Resolving problems – especially with unusual concrete and aggregate discrepancies, and special concrete mix designs;
- 5 – 10 years practical experience.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in engineering as it relates to highway/roadway design and construction, storm water design and drainage structures, traffic engineering or a combination thereof and will have the organizational skills necessary to work closely with a lead project site engineer to complete all types of roadway design and construction projects.
- He must have knowledge of Nigerian Federal Highway roads and codes.
- The assistant Civil engineer must also have wide range of experience including aspects of concrete mix designs and quality control of construction materials and laying of asphalt.
- Attend planning and site meetings when special construction material related matters are discussed;
- Visit sites on a regular basis
- Ability to work under pressure with less supervision
- Must be an excellent team player
- Willingness to learn
- Must be practically oriented and with hands-on approach and commitment to work,
- Should be able to use software analysis (AUTOCAD, Civil 3d, etc) for design of roads and drainage structures
- Must have intense knowledge of surveying
- Must work with less supervision
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail. e.g. “Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer”.
Application Deadline 28th May, 2018.
Note: Multiple applications from the same applicant will not be condoned.