Business and Program Development Lead Job at Pact Nigeria
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact West Africa seeks a highly experienced and qualified candidate to fill the below position:
Job Title: Business and Program Development Lead
- The jobholder will support the Pact West Africa office in expanding impact by coordinating new business efforts.
- The jobholder will conduct research and be able to lead and drive engagements to actively grow relationships with traditional and non -traditional partners.
- He/she will also support program implementation of existing projects and enhance Pact’s visibility in Nigeria.
- Masters in a relevant field (e.g. Social Sciences, International Development, Business, Development Studies, MBA) and 8-10 years’ experience.
- Experience developing new business development strategies for INGOs.
- Strong understanding of intersection between private sector interests and non-profit needs and how to bridge the two.
- Successful track record of facilitating linkages between the private sector and non-profits, preferably in Nigeria.
- Experience in public private partnerships is a plus.
- Work experience in program design and management, implementation and/or evaluation for non-profits.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of Pact’s West Africa’s technical areas (social enterprise development; microfinance; Small Scale & Artisanal Mining, renewable energy).
- Competence using common desktop applications, including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent ability to communicate, establish and maintain high level relations with government, private sector and development sector players, including donors.
- Possesses positive attitude, self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker.
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the development sector in Nigeria.
Business Development Role:
- Develop and execute Pact West Africa’s strategy to engage traditional and non-traditional donors, including corporations and foundations.
- Research and identify development trends, prospects, and growth opportunities; compile and maintain information related to key contacts, organizations, and overlapping interests with Pact programming.
In partnership with Pact supporting teams:
- Seek out partnerships with the private sector; identify opportunities for partnership that drive business value and provide mutual benefits.
- Explore opportunities and business cases for partnership that may include social enterprise, social impact investment, microfinance, renewable energy, artisanal and small-scale mining.
- Facilitate discussions, negotiations and agreements with partner/funding organizations.
- Lead/support proposal development and writing processes.
- Represent Pact through attendance at donor, private sector and public-sector functions, such as events and conferences; cultivate prospects and partners and share relevant learning.
- Enhance Pact’s visibility in the development sector in Nigeria
Strategy /Program Management Role:
- Develop a mechanism for reviewing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Country Strategy
- Support Pact’s Monitoring and Evaluation Team to identify and document Key Performance Indicators and methods for program monitoring and evaluation, including beneficiary feedback loops for adaptability and learning.
- Support project interventions to develop the capacity of state and non- state partners.
- Ensure appropriate donor management systems, records and processes are in place, up-to-date and in compliance with Pact policy and practice.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project implementation sites.
- Participate actively in technical meetings and national working groups/task forces.
Deadline: 20th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to appl