Bunmi Adedayo Foundation (BAF) was Inaugurated in 2016, it is a non-profit organization that is transforming the way Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is being done in Nigeria. The Foundation builds innovative partnerships with corporate organizations to significantly improve learning outcomes in adopted Public Primary Schools. With the support of its partners, the Foundation has renovated schools, provided ICT laboratory, donated library, trained teachers, and rewarded outstanding pupils with scholarships donated by partner-schools. Bunmi Adedayo Foundation is strongly committed to preparing children for the realities of life and expose children to entrepreneurship and vocational education and mentorship. In 2017, one of the Foundation’s adopted schools emerged as the Best Primary School in Lagos State while the Foundation was also recognized as the Most Supportive NGO in the state. The Foundation currently has five adopted schools and over 6,000 beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos,
Reporting: Programme Manager
- As the Communications and Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing and delivering BAF’s communications and marketing strategy including the delivery of communications activities supporting a number of programmes and projects.Key projects include:
- Continuous Professional Development Training for Public School Teachers”,
- “Promotion of ICT Education in Public Schools”,
- “Kids Entrepreneurs & Vocational Club”.
- You will be required to work with the Programme Manager in cultivating strong high-level relationships with the Private Sector who are the major supporters of our work.
- You will also be required to build and sustain a positive image for the organization while ensuring effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Experience Level: Mid-Career (3- 4 Years Relevant Experience)
- Minimum of three years post-NYSC experience in a Non-Profit Organization
- Planning and delivering successful communications/marketing strategies across online, broadcast and outdoor media
- Good track record of engaging the media in campaigns and network with major media organizations in Nigeria
- Journalistic writing skills is highly desirable
- Collaborative working with external partners and agencies
- Knowledge of budget creation and management
- Strong network within and access to private sector organizations
- A creative and impactful story teller with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent editorial skills and great attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with capacity to work within rigorous timeframes and budgets
- Team player with adaptable and pragmatic approach to work
- Excellent IT skills and ability to learn new programmes quickly
- Creative approach to communicating development issues
- A self-starter who is keen to make a big difference with a small team
- Mailchimp, Canva, CorelDraw (Desirable), Salesforce, WordPress, Google Analytics or similar applications
- Communication tools/techniques for different audiences/platforms
Education and Training:
- Degree level (Second Class) or HND (Upper Credit) in related discipline
- Membership of relevant professional body (e.g. NIMRA, NIMN, NIPR, etc.)
This position is target driven, as the Communications and Marketing Coordinator you are expected to:
- Develop weekly newsletters, blog posts as well as press bulletins in order to promote awareness of BAF projects and attract new sponsors
- Provide Marketing, Fundraising and Media Support to Project Teams and Sponsors
- Lead and manage the Donor Recognition Programme of BAF aimed at retaining existing donors and attracting new ones
- Design, lead and manage fundraising events for the Foundation
- Lead and project-manage the crowd funding campaign of BAF “1K4Change” aimed at promoting awareness of problems in the Education Sector and attracting donations from the general public
- Lead the marketing and promotion of all BAF projects
Coordinate all Public Relations and Media Activities
- Lead and raise the brand perception of Bunmi Adedayo Foundation amongst relevant Stakeholders i.e. information about the Foundation must be properly scrutinized before sending out, managing interactions on the organization’s social media platforms to increase followership, etc.
- Build relationship with relevant media to firmly establish BAF as the leading voice on issues relating to Public Primary Education in Nigeria
- Lead and deliver all PR/media activities across all media channels including; writing press releases, responding to media queries and arranging media interviews
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant media and PR contacts
- Develop and deliver campaign communications and marketing materials, working with creative agency, designer and printer as appropriateIdentify key target audiences, develop and deliver engagement strategies with these audiences online and offline
- Lead and manage content on BAF’s website (www.bunmiadedayofoundation.org) by regularly updating content and managing the analytics.
- Provide support and supervision for the Communication and Marketing Intern
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are to prepare a one-page cover letter (not more than 700 words) and resume in a single document. Stating how their experience and skillset would contribute to achieving the Foundation’s strategic objectives. The only acceptable formats are DOC or PDF formats.
Application Deadline 25th May, 2018
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview