Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed Choices for their Health (REACH) Project
Location: Northern Nigeria
Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognised and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programmes currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, SC has 10 field offices with presence in an additional 5 states.
SC is seeking applications from community-based organisations to implement the project “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed Choices for their Health (REACH)’ The project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) ira hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states. To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives. (1) Improving access to high quality, gender-sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys; (2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and (3) Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, successful applicants must:
- Have proven thematic expertize on SRH
- Have satisfactory past performance reference
- Have verifiable financial and operational management capacity
- Be able to provide their most recent audited financial statement or certified annual financial report
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should include the following:
- Interested organizations should submit brief Expression of Interest on letterhead of the organization in a hard copy A4 paper no longer than 5 pages with the following details:
- A 1-2 page description of their current level of program experience on SRH issues faced by adolescent girls and boys in the chosen state/LGAs
- Detailed description of the organization’s on-going or previous work, focusing on improvement of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys in the chosen state/LGAs
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have presences in the LGA/States
- Applicants must have been legally registered in Nigeria before 01 January 2016
- Their current organizational structure (organogram)
- Key contact person(s), their position(s), and contact details
- A copy of National, State. or Local Government Registration(as appropriate); and
- Address of a physical office in one of the three focus states.
Copies should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear subject line on the email as “Call for Application on REACH Project”
Hard copies can be delivered to the SO’s Office at:
Director of Awards Save the Children,
NO.4 Danube Close,
Off Danube Street,
FCT – Abuja.
Application Deadline 4th June, 2018.
- Save the Children will only contact organizations whose submissions reflect work focus, experience, and capacity requirements of the project.
- Women-led organizations are strongly advised to apply.