Redeemer’s University is a faith-based institution of higher learning, established by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and licensed by the Federal Government in January, 2005. It commenced academic activities in October, 2005. The vision of Redeemer’s University is to be the foremost academic institution setting standards through continuous commitment to excellence geared towards making a transformative impact on society.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably-qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and academic head of the University.
- He/she is the chief exponent of the vision and mission of the University and his/her office serves as the nerve centre of activities in areas of protocol, external relations and coordination of various internal organs.
- The Vice-Chancellor oversees the running of the day-to-day administration of the university and is responsible for ensuring that the goals of the university are met. He/she is responsible to the Governing Council for the management of the human, financial and material resources of the university.
- The Vice-Chancellor exercises general superintendence over the University and is responsible to Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- It is the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the law, the Statutes, the Ordinances and the Regulations of the University are observed, and he/she may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose.
- The Vice-Chancellor must therefore be competent at all times to advise Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor is, by virtue of his/her office, a member of Council, Chairman of Senate, Chairman of the Congregation, Member of Colleges and any other authority of the University set up by Statute and of any Board or Committee appointed by any of those bodies.
- The success of the Vice-Chancellor depends on his/her ability to lead, motivate and inspire academic and non-teaching staff as well as students and all other stakeholders to work towards the central purpose of the University to advance learning and enhance talent.
Specifically, therefore, the candidate shall be expected to be a person with:
- Outstanding leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve corporate goals;
- A proven and demonstrable ability to attract international research and development grants; ability to attract extra-statutory funds and mobilise other resources for the development of the University;
- An enviable record in fundraising, entrepreneurial drive, resource and revenue mobilisation, capital campaign drive and working with external bodies and other arms of the University to ensure financial stability;
- Focus and innovative, with a track record of leading change.
- Excellent inter-personal relations;
- Excellent physical and mental health; and
- A high level of computer literacy;
- A proven track record of academic excellence such as to be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities and colleagues;
- God-fearing, high integrity and moral standard. Someone who appreciates and acts on merit;
- A clear vision for further development of the University as well as readiness to implement the vision of the University;
- The candidate should not be more than 60 years at assumption of duty on 1st October, 2018 and must have spent at least, fifteen (15) years in the University system, with at least, 10 years as Professor with appropriate academic, research and administrative experiences.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
- Redeemer’s University offers an enhanced remuneration package applicable to the post.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Board of Trustees/Council from time to time.
Deadline: 29th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send the following:
- Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, accompanied by 20 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees.
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to “the Chairman, Board of Trustees” in care of the address indicated below, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, administrative and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’s Report” at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must be accompanied by 20 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the development of the University.
All applications and supporting documents marked “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Chairman, Board of Trustees,
c/o Office of the Registrar,
In addition to the submission of hard copies, applications should also be completed online at: www.recruitment.run.edu.ng Soft copies of the applications and accompanying materials should also be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line should read “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor”.
Note: Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted further.