WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drilling Supervisor
Job number: 25434
Type of Employment: Contract
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years experience in drilling operations of which at least 5 years should have been in a supervisory capacity in onshore exploratory drilling.
- Good knowledge of English language.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs, supervises, and controls the activities of assigned personnel in allocating work and determining priorities. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority as established by Management. Reviews and endorses invoices.
- Ensures that the daily operations on the rig are reported accurately, confirming costs, and discuss completed operations with Supervisor.
- Discusses proposals with subordinates and Supervisor and modifies as necessary Arranges for the pre-spud meeting on the rig to discuss the Well instructions and highlights important issues. Participates in the investigation and reporting of major accidents and high potential incidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures strict adherence to Company’s safety standards and procedures Carries out frequent Group safety meetings self inspection and self auditing to ensure plant and equipment are properly maintained.
- Implements and maintains HSE programne, Conducts risk assessments and prepares special procedures for non-routine operations and activities.
- Discusses the operations plan with concerned parties, verifies, and approves the rig requirement for equipment, material, and manpower before raising request form.
- Assigns and directs certain tasks to well engineer for further investigation and ensures receiving feedback. Calls for meetings, as necessary, to discuss operations problems/ improvements and communicates results to concerned personnel.
- Reviews data sheets received & modifies work plan to acquire cost effective means. Reviews and amends drilling, work over and re-entry detailed instructions in consultation with Supervisor.