BGI Energy Services Limited (formerly known as Broad Global Investment Ltd) was incorporated in 1991, aiming at curbing the technical deficiencies and hitches in construction, measurement, calibration & standardization, measuring facilities and instruments in the oil and gas sector. BGI has since diversified to become an Oil & Gas engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning company taking on the world’s toughest challenges in engineering and construction in the oil and gas sectors to project management and professional training services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FE Engineer – Designer / Lead Designer (Electrical & Instrument)
- The Lead Designer works in the Designs Engineering Group and reports to the Designs Engineering Supervisor. The Lead Designer supervises the Designs Engineering Electrical & Instrument, Mechanical, Civil Structural Designer group, schedules their workload in a timely manner, provides advice and promotes the use of best practices.
- The Lead Designer monitors the drawings produced for Designs Engineering and ensures that they are issued in accordance with Company Standards and that they are as-built at project close out.
- The Lead Designer should also ensure that all Master Process Safety Information drawings are updated at project close-out. The Lead Designer is competent with AutoCAD software, is familiar with JDE and Ariba systems and has an in-depth knowledge of the Webtop Documentum drawing management system (DMS-1).
- Designs Engineering primarily develops Engineering Work Requests (EWRs) into small expense or capital improvement projects to improve facility operation. The Lead Designer works closely with Electrical and Instrument, process, mechanical, civil/structural Engineers and can apply design principles to produce drawings for a broad range of electrical and instrument equipment.
- The designers provide electrical & instrument design support for GTL Plant Operations and Turnarounds, covering on plot and off plot areas, process units, Utilities, Power Systems and Shipping & Storage areas.
- The Lead Designer is responsible for the review and detailed check of the designer’s work, ensuring the accuracy of the drawings and that procedures and design standards have been followed. The position is also responsible for the review of drawings produced by external engineering contractors working for Designs Engineering.
- The Lead Designer shows experience and leadership within Designs Engineering, assisting other disciplines and the wider Facilities Engineering group when required. The Lead Designer displays Safety Leadership.
- Commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a Team environment.
- Nigerian Citizenship preferred but not mandatory.
- Electrical & Instrument, mechanical, civil structural engineering design knowledge.
- Instrument or Electrical or Control Engineering qualification.
- Minimum 10 years Electrical and/or Instrument design experience.
- English Language Capability.
- Understanding of hazardous area electrical equipment and standards.
- GTL plant and gas plant knowledge and experience.
Deadline: 7th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org