United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- We are seeking to engage a highly qualified and versatile Human Resources Manager with experience in the oil and gas sector for our operations in Nigeria.
- A minimum of second class University degree in any Social Sciences field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in core human resources practice with at least 1 year at senior management or understudying role.
- PHRi or SHRM certified from HR certification institute or any other recognized HR certification will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must be a registered member of CIPM.
- Applicants must be discrete and be able to demonstrate excellent managerial and behavioral competencies.
- First class people management.
- Leading by example.
- Engaging diversity and transformation.
- Excellent knowledge of global best practice.
- Capability of handling a large diverse workforce in the oil and gas sector.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to focus on the details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Ensuring effective recruitment and retention of staff by implementing recruitment procedures in line with company’s policy.
- Management of the company’s training and development programs both in house and external.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment and care.
- Work strategically with all operating crews, regularly liaise with the party chief’s and visit the crews to ensure operational efficiency.
- Manage internal communication for effective dissemination of information to all staff to secure their participation in the change process.
- Responsible for employee relations in all company locations.
- Guiding and empowering line managers on people management.
- Liaise with and support the finance team with payroll administration, compensation and benefit management.
- Liaise with line managers to ensure company staffing needs are met.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures in line with organizational goals.
- Advise management on employee relations and welfare practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- General HR administration, maintaining records and compiling reports on personnel related data.
Compensation package to be offered to the successful applicants in the above positions will be negotiated depending on the level of experience and capability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: HR@unitedgeophysical.com