The West African Gas Pipeline Company limited (headquartered in Accra, Ghana) is a limited liability company that owns and operates the West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP) with the main mandate to transport natural gas from Nigeria to customers in Benin, Togo and Ghana in a safe, responsible and reliable manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reporting to: The General Manager for Corporate Affairs
- The Oil and Gas sector in West Africa has witnessed significant growth over the last decade.
- Are you looking to bring your cutting edge professional skills to be a major player in the sector?
- Does the opportunity of working across several West African countries appeal to you?
- Then this is your chance to join the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business or Organization Development.
- Master’s qualification in Business Administration with Human Resources option and professional Certification in Human Resources Management will be an advantage.
- At least fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience, seven (7) of which should be on managerial level.
- Behavioural Safety; Industry Knowledge
- Employment laws; ILO Conventions
- Understanding of Income Taxation across the WAGP states.
- Project Management; Knowledge of HR information systems
- Development and application of strategic HR principles, procedures and practices
- Development of systems for sustainable career and succession planning, and talent management
- Benefits and compensation administration
- Manpower planning and organisational development
- Change management
- Employee engagement and union operations/negotiations.
- Teamwork, conflict resolution and problem solving
- Communication & influencing
- Comfortable with dealing with senior people regarding the objective and professional implementation of policies
- Possess ability to influence others through effective communication skills
- Deliver results through others
- Possess strong interpersonal, good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Must lead by example and demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills in diverse environments
- Ability to establish focus and deliver results
- Ability to demonstrate respect for all
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure
Management of the Human Resource function across the four WAGP States:
- Manage WAPCo’s Human Resources, including departmental vision, objectives and strategies to ensure alignment with WAPC0’s mission, vision, and values, and implement Business Plan to reflect any adjustment if/when WAPC0’s strategies and goals shift;
- Supervise the management of HR Information Systems;
- Monitor and review HR Administration.
- Provide advice to inform the strategic direction of Human Resource management to ensure overall maximization of Corporate Business Strategy; Initiate Human Resource policies, develop processes for approval, provide guidance to management and staff, ensure adherence, and monitor and report on compliance;
- Manage Employment practices and legislative compliance across the four WAGP countries in collaboration with WAPC0’s Legal Division;.
- Derive Conditions of Service from approved policies to ensure that appropriate Conditions of Service are implemented and documented, made available as required for employees’ information, and monitored to ensure effective implementation of same;
People Management and Organization:
- Advise on WAPCo organization development and initiate Change Management interventions to ensure the existence of a positive working environment that supports WAPCo values;
- Handle the establishment of Corporate culture initiatives, advise corporate leadership on strategies and manage implementation; Spearhead WAPC0 diversity initiatives;
- Ensure regular engagement with employees to promote awareness of HR policies & processes and discussion of HR related issues;
- Supervise, develop, coach and mentor team members to ensure the maximization of their potential;
- Develop and keep a scorecard of Key Performance Indicators – KPI’s for measuring the performance of the HR Department.
Monitoring of External Environment to ensure best HR practices and compliance with applicable laws:
- Monitor the external environment with particular reference to Ministries of Labour and other Governmental Agencies having impact on human resources, and provide counsel to Management regarding human resource trends in the political and economic climate and their potential impact on the WAPCo’s business strategies;
- Supervise the development of systems to ensure compliance with all labour regulations in WAPCo’s countries of operations.
Recruitment and Manpower:
- Supervise the management of Recruitment and Selection;
- Supervise the management of Manpower Planning and Succession Planning;
- Supervise the co-ordination of Job Evaluations and ensure implementation.
Union & Employee Group Activities:
- Supervise the management of employee services, welfare, industrial and labour relations;
- Supervise Union relations and negotiations of collective bargaining units within WAPCo and ensure smooth negotiation to avoid interruption in Company operations;
- Ensure regular Employee engagements for non-unionised personnel;
- Manage employee communications (including communication with management level personnel) to ensure positive operational climate and employee relations that focus on prevention of labour industrial disharmony.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Manage all employee Total Compensation and Benefits processes;
- Review and manage implementation of compensation and benefit strategies to ensure WAPCo’s competitive advantage;
- Supervise the management of Reward and Performance Management Systems.
Learning & Development/Diversity & Inclusion:
- Review the development of strategies to ensure implementation of sustainable talent and competency development.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resumes through the respective email apportioned to their country:
Ghanaian Candidates: email@example.com
Togolese & Beninoise Candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com
Nigerian Candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15th May, 2018.
- This job is open to applicants from Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana (the WAGP States).
- All Applications & Resumes should be submitted in ENGLISH.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.