The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information, Communication and Technology Assistant
Ref. No: 3814697778
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- The purpose of the I.C.T Assistant is to support the overall establishment and implementation of NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures in Maiduguri.
- S/He will assist with the day to day management of I.T functions and activities in Borno and surrounding north-eastern states.
- The I.C.T Assistant reports to the I.C.T Officer.
- Adheres to and support the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from working as ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Computing / IT
- Engineering sciences & technology
- Education title: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Commencement: June 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
Application Deadline 22nd May, 2018.