Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is Global Package Delivery Service Company. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to recruit for the position below:
Job Title: Industrial Engineering Specialist
Job Location: Lagos
- The Industrial Engineering (IE) Specialist is responsible for providing support to the numerous groups within the Industrial Engineer function.
- He/she assists in conducting data gathering and analysis to support the work measurement and operational planning activities of the Industrial Engineering Supervisors.
- The Industrial Engineering Specialist compiles data, develops reports, conducts periodic audits, and produces forecasts.
- They also participate in time study and operation improvement activities.
Assists in Work Measurement Development:
- Gathers data (e.g., distributions, forecasts, volume, etc.) necessary to develop work measurement for inside and on-road operations.
- Works with District Time Study Team to perform work sampling and update driver and other work measurement (i.e., new or existing processes).
- Assist with data analysis and inputs data to develop work measurement for any operation.
Assists in Operating Plan Development:
- Works with Industrial Engineering Supervisors to develop Master Operating Plans.
- Maintains data within operating plans as conditions change to keep operating plan updated and highlight areas for potential change.
- Identifies areas where operating plans may need adjustments to maintain current operating plans.
Conducts Auditing and Control:
- Ensures Work Measurement Control Log is updated and verifies the proper application of work measurement to ensure the accuracy of daily operations measures.
- Works with Finance and Accounting to ensure Center Standards Files are updated and match the current work measurement to maintain operation report accuracy and compliance.
- Conducts audits as needed (e.g., Feeder or Ground Schedules, Plan Day, Volume Reporting, Timecard Accuracy, Operating Plan, On-Time-Network [OTN], Hub Flows, etc.) to identify areas or processes that are out of compliance.
- Identifies and records non-compliance exceptions and reviews them with managers to ensure compliance with Corporate, Region, and District policies.
- Works with operations management team to develop action plans and obtain commitments to address all non-compliance exceptions.
- Obtains commitments from impacted management for resolution of action items and conducts follow-up as needed.
- Works with operations management team to implement operational change commitments.
Conducts Operations Forecasting:
- Reviews research and weekly trends (e.g., historical volume, marketing forecasts, recent economic data, etc.) and growth rates calculations to approve volume projections that impact operations and to forecast future asset needs.
- Develops annual staffing projections by week and by day of week for all feeder operations to provide a cost-effective operating plan.
- Provides short-range operations staffing forecasts to assist operations managers and Human Resources in developing hiring plans.
- Develops quarterly and yearly plans to forecast staffing, assets, and facility needs to ensure the company’s ability to meet service commitments.
- Reviews weekly forecast updates as required to maintain validity of forecast projections (i.e., ensure measures are still relevant and conform to accepted Industrial Engineer principles) and adherence to Business Plan goals.
- Assesses the impact of forecasts (long and short range) on operating plans to determine when operating plan updates are required.
- Runs various programs (e.g., PKG Tools, Measurement Output Module [MOM], Service Exception Analysis System [SEAS], etc.) to compile information and print statistical reports.
- Develops and maintains software, databases, and spreadsheets to assist Industrial Engineer with forecasting and work measurement development.
- Maintains reference documents (e.g., forecasts, operating plans, operational statistics tracking, etc.) for use by supervisors to determine the best use of operational time.
- Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from the Industrial Engineer management team to support operational analysis.
- Assists the Industrial Engineering Supervisor with gathering data required in the Vehicle Management Process to determine the number of vehicles needed.
- Education : A degree in Engineering or related background and experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Applies Database Knowledge
- Detail Orientation
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge
- Report Generation
- Small Package Operations Knowledge
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Design
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com kindly make the job title subject of the mail
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
- The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for volume and revenue growth for new and existing accounts within an assigned sales territory.
- He/she engages with sales team members to develop robust account strategies and to ensure effective application of sales and negotiation skills.
- This position drives results in key areas of the business plan, including profit, revenue growth, people development, and reporting.
- The ASM manages the Middle Market Senior Account Executives and Patch of Land Account Executives.
Manages Account Executive Sales Performance:
- Engages in formal and informal account strategy development with team members to build sales planning skills.
- Provides behavior specific feedback to demonstrate the effective use of sales and negotiation skills.
- Communicates market trends and competitor information to support the sales team in opportunity development.
- Shares feedback on market issues with senior management to identify local volume development opportunities.
- Discusses sales results with team members to create a comprehensive sales team action plan to measure improvement.
- Trains Account Executives (AEs) and/or Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) to review customer information and understand customers’ account status using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
- Monitors account performance information to track sales performance to objectives.
- Reviews established sales metrics to assess individual and group performance.
Provides Feedback and Models the Way:
- Performs pre-call sessions with sales team to review objectives and expectations for sales calls.
- Reinforces the use of an established sales process to ensure the sales team effectively uncovers, qualifies, and engages with prospects to make the most of available opportunities and drive growth.
- Role-plays tough customer situations with team members to help manage tension and develop negotiation skills.
- Participates in customer meetings to present and review proposals with clients and position the value of solutions.
- Conducts post call reviews with sales team to discuss observations.
- Develops joint action plans with sales team to improve performance in key areas. Trains the sales team on pull-through techniques for various products and services (e.g., small package, freight, etc.) to ensure successful penetration and execution of contracts.
- Conducts customer calls to model sales techniques and share sales and negotiation expertise with the sales team.
- Reviews plan versus actual to support sales team performance and create action plans to improve sales results.
Drives Sales Growth:
- Manages and communicates sales strategy initiatives to drive total revenue growth across all products and business units.
- Monitors performance measurement tools to determine the achievement of sales goals.
- Monitors established sales reports to determine sales trends and identify opportunities for growth.
- Uses performance quality measures to evaluate sales team and individual performance levels.
- Drives the business plan to support targeted sales opportunities, account penetration, and sales growth strategies.
Provides Customer Support Internally/Externally:
- Facilitates training for the sales team on new products and sales campaigns.
- Shares information on sales solutions and best practices to help win new opportunities.
- Participates in setting the departmental budget to ensure the guidelines are realistic and achievable.
- Shares complex experiences with the operations teams to provide awareness on recurring customer issues.
Collaborates Across Functions:
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups (e.g., Customer Solutions, Marketing, operations, etc.) to develop solutions for customers.
- Facilitates meetings with personnel (e.g., Business Center Managers, operations, billing, etc.) to determine corrective actions and resolutions to customers’ issues.
- Participates on cross-functional committees (e.g., claims, damage reduction, etc.) to provide subject matter expertise.
Manages and Develops Other:
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
- Education : A degree in any relevant course.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ work experience
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge
- Coaches Sales Team Members
- Conducts Competitive Analysis
- Conducts Customer Analysis
- Creates Account Strategies
- Solves Customer Problems
- Strategic Customer Partnerships
- Supply Chain Management.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org kindly make the “Job Title” the subject of the mail.
Job Title: Head of Finance
- The Head of Finance will be responsible for developing and maintaining the company business processes, defining the roles and responsibilities associated with the Procure to pay processes and Order to Cash, and aligning the systems implementation to the company global procurement business requirements.
- He/she will also be the primary subject matter expert (SME) for all elements of the Procure to pay and order to cash, and will offer training and support for the Procure to pay process across the country.
- This role will partner heavily with key business partners within the company and the ISMEA District. This position reports directly to the Country Finance Manager
- Ensuring that the Procure to pay and order to cash process strategy is implemented and fully optimized within the company.
- Ensuring compliance with local laws and the company policies and procedures in customers and vendors management.
- Able to identify opportunities and add value in terms of strengthening procedures, controls, growth, expansion when dealing on Billing and Receivables, and cost reduction through efficiency, affectivity and vendor management.
- Engages with Controllers team to ensure that Procure to pay processes comply with Company’s highest standard of controls
- Actively participating in the development and continuous improvement of global policies and processes
- Identifying opportunities to improve the application of existing and new processes in all locations, and supporting local statutory peculiarities (e.g. Tax) in specific areas of design where appropriate
- Communicating with and influencing key stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding of objectives and priorities
- Ensuring that a process network of super users and Business Process Owners is engaged in the development and implementation of PTP processes
- Works closely with Global Procurement Officer with regards design of processes related to vendor management and proactive identification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensuring that PTP process and service delivery costs are “best in class” based on appropriate external benchmarks
People Management/ Development:
- Supervise and manage direct reports ensuring communication and coordination within and across teams; Provide regular and effective performance feedback to team members and provide career planning guidance including their training and development needs
- Education: Must be a qualified chartered accountant. An MBA is an added advantage
- Experience: At least 8 – 10 years of solid strong experience working in P2P process including Account Payable, Account Receivable, Billing, procurement and Brokerage.
- At least 2-3 years of which must be in a senior leadership role
- Extensive experience in reporting and analysis
- Team Management, leadership and ability deliver aggressive targets.
- Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with the right level of detail and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility e.g. Strong collaborative skills
- Ability to decompose complex processes into sub-processes with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to details, target oriented, process implementation skills and strong spreadsheet administration.
- Manage cash flows in term of timely collection and payments, strengthening controls in Brokerage, Account Payable, Billing and Account Receivables, excellent team management,
- Active listening skills to understand business needs and steer business team to take decisions that have enterprise-wide impact
- Effective direction of individuals without reporting authority to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to be flexible and work both independently and in a team environment
- Savvy user of technology; Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and operationalizing their use as standard operating practice
- Strong business process skills with the ability to optimize business functions through focused improvement initiatives.
- Proven cross-functional team leadership and disciplined project management skills required. Effective working both within a team, as well as independently.
- Business and strategic problem-solving capabilities in finance, operations, P2P, and technology subjects.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com kindly make the job title subject of the mai
Application Deadline 30th May, 2018.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.