Custodian and Allied Plc. (CA Plc) is a holding company with leading specialist companies and brands including Custodian and Allied Insurance Limited, Custodian Life Assurance Limited, Custodian Trustees Limited and Crusader Sterling Pensions Limited; all rendering best in class services in its versatile fold.
CA Plc. is managed by a Board comprising thorough bred professionals with proven track records in their various fields of endeavor, who bring broad and deep insights derived from several years of fruitful and eventful years of experience to bear. Currently, with the Custodian Group assets in excess of N69.8billion and a gross written premium of over N25.7billion, the group sits comfortably within the top bracket of eminent players in Nigeria’s other financial services sector.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Underwriter
- We seek to engage the services of young and dynamic Underwriters to join our General Insurance Technical team
- Ensure quality underwriting and claims management for all classes of general insurance – Marine, Goods in Transit, Group Personal Accident, Fidelity Guarantee, Fire & Special Risks, Burglary, Money Insurance, Industrial All Risks, Motor, etc
Duties & Responsibilities
- Issue policy documents and renewal endorsements to clients / brokers
- Issue and forward renewal notices to clients/brokers
- Liaise with Loss adjusters and Marine superintendents for timely discharge of their duties
- Update claims schedule regularly
- Ensure sum insured, clauses, exclusions and other items/conditions in policy documents are in order
- Prepare and follow up premium payments upon receipt of debit notes.
- Carry out pre and post loss inspection as necessary
- Ensure all client enquiries/requests are attended to promptly and escalate critical issues to the line manager.
- Raise and follow up cheque requisitions for various payments – co insurers, commissions, claims, loss adjusters etc
- Assist in computing additional/return premiums due as a result of alterations
- Market company`s products and services
- First Degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower Degree)
- Qualified Insurer (ACII)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in underwriting and claims management
- Excellent knowledge NAICOM guidelines and methodologies for achieving compliance
- Demonstrable understanding of underwriting and claims concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial resources in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconcile all Investment Ledgers with the Investment schedule
- Ensure that all investment related inflow and outflow are properly treated in the ledger
- Review and ensure accuracy of fixed assets register
- Raise all necessary journals to book new entrant and recognizing monthly annuity
- Reconcile bank accounts with the cashbook and flag any irregularities or errors discovered
- Maintain a secure, efficient and accurate filing system (electronic and hard copies) to ensure safe storage and easyretrieval of information
- Assist in preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Prepare and remit all tax-related payments eg PAYE, VAT, WHT
- Prepare monthly depreciation reports and post accordingly in monthly Management Accounts
- Ensure accurate documentation and posting of all disposed assets in the fixed asset disposal account
- Liaise with tax authorities (federal and state)
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 2nd Class Lower)
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of all regulatory requirements and the modus operandi of the regulators.
- Familiarity with extant tax regulations and guidelines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.