The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Survey Zonal Linkage to Care & Return of Results Coordinator
Reporting line: HIV & Linkage to Care Coordinator
Duration: May 2018 to January 30, 2019.
Slot: Six position (One per-Geographical zone)
- Through a contract with US CDC, the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) implements the Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS).
- The NAIIS program assists Nigeria to implement household-based assessments for HIV/AIDS and Hep B & C population-based survey.
- The NAIIS program seeks to fill Survey Zonal linkage to care and Return of Results Coordinators positions to support the survey. The position is based in zonal locations.
Scope of Work
- Liaise with MOH/facility Referral Focal Persons and Community Based organizations (CBO) that will participate in referral related activities
- Oversees logistic support to CBO who perform ALCART as necessary, which may include transportation and reimbursement for transportation
- Ensures t at facility, community and CBOs are sensitized about NAIIS Referrals and ALCART procedures.
- Ensures Community Based organizations are adhering to timelines for linkage and assists with troubleshooting any sues preventing active linkage to care and return of results
- Reports to linkage to care lead
- Leads weekly Referral and Linkage to care meetings with MOH/ facility referral focal persons and CBO in which status of open Referrals and final outcomes of referrals are discussed
- In collaboration with NAIIS DM team updates key elements of participant- level referral logs and ensures that they are routinely available and of meeting sufficient level of data quality
- Routinely li4ises with counsellors/interviewers and Team Leaders to troubleshoot issues with obtaining consent for referral and data quality issues relating to ALCART in the field
- In collaboration with DM team, generates and monitors Referral to Care tracking log which includes line list of all referred participants and outcomes of referrals and return of results.
- Monitors Linkage and act on issues identified on Linkage to care coordinators dashboard on AIMS server
- Comprehensive weekly report of referrals, linkage to care and return of results processes and proceedings at the zonal levels
- Planning, implementation and reporting of trainings of facility referral focal persons at Zonal/ state-level.
- Presentation slides for dissemination of survey reports
- Trip reports (for trips made during the contract period)
- Log of activities related to contract implementation
- Documentation of lessons learnt during the survey period
- End-of-survey report – Survey reports including fact sheets, technical briefs and full survey report.
- A university degree in medical related field/social sciences with an MPH or its equivalent, with a minimum of 10-years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS programs
- An understanding of HIV/AIDS surveys in resource constrained settings
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership, design, implementation, management and tracking/monitoring of HIV surveys.
Deadline: 16th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online