e.Stream is a provider of broadband network infrastructure and connectivity solutions. We are dedicated in providing various services for commercial and public enterprise regardless of their size using Fiber, Satellite Technology and Radio Communication System.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Field Team Lead
Direct reports: Field Service Engineers and Riggers
Reports to: Service Deployment Manager
- The Regional Field Team Lead is responsible for the coordination of deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance of various communication equipment (VSAT and Radio) within its region and also proper documentation of day-to-day activities.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a relevant role.
- RF engineering experience working in the telecoms industry.
- Affiliation with relevant professional bodies
Competency, Skills & Certifications:
- Certification in CCNA, CWNA
- IOM (Idirect Operations Maintenance)
- GVF (510, 520)
- Relationship & People Management
- Quality of deployment without recourse to revisit site
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues less than 10hrs across the country.
- 10% cost savings on deployment
- The incumbent may be required to sit in cold (air conditioned) rooms for a long time.
- The incumbent may be required to travel out of station often.
- This position requires physical and mental strength
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Insight and Integration:
- Assist the Service Deployment manager to achieve the corporate
- Attend project & departmental meetings
- Provide inputs to the departmental annual budget
- Provide technological innovation to deploy services which are cost effective.
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Ensures that surveys carried out by FSE are 90% accurate
- Ensures 90% implementation of Maintenance plan
- Ensures that there is no course to revisit sites deployed within 6month.
- Provide technical solutions to network issues escalated to the 2nd level.
- Ensures that issues escalated are resolved within agreed OLA
- Team lead for special deployment projects
- Training & knowledge sharing for FSE and Riggers
- Responsible for scheduling and implementing annual maintenance on the remote sites.
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration:
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to deliver projects
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, teams and Clients
- Escalate service impacting issues outside span of control to the
Service Deployment Manager:
- Deliver weekly reports on the status deployment
- Generate and submit periodic project and operational reports to the Service Deployment Manager for informed decision making
- Timely response to customer complaint
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues
- Recommend & Implement cost saving initiatives