The Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA), is an independent, non-partisan public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria, with a mission to “ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being and freedom and individual responsibility”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title:Research Associate
- The Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA), seeks to recruit exceptional persons as “Research Associates” with specialization in Health Economics, Agric Economics, Financial Economics, Energy Economics and Policy.
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong Bachelor’s Degree in one of the quantitative sciences; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, and Engineering and must possess a Master’s Degree in one of the stated areas of specialization such as; Health Economics, Energy Economics/Policy, Financial Economics, Agric Economics and Statistics from a top tier university.
The candidates should match the below profile:
- Ability to use statistical packages (such as SPSS) will be an added advantage.
- Aged between 22 and 35 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Minimum of Second Class Upper division
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Broad world view
- Ability to deliver results in different environments (especially in a developing world context)
- We will in turn offer each candidate a stimulating and challenging work environment, a possibility to engage with frontier research, opportunities for world class, international training and an attractive salary package.
- The selected candidate will ideally be expected to resume the post as soon as possible. The position will start with a three year contract with the option of renewal depending on performance.
Application Deadline 30th May, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.