Husky Injection Molding Systems Limited is the world’s largest brand name supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the plastics industry. We design and manufacture a broad range of injection molding machines, hot runners, robots, molds and integrated systems. With one of the broadest product lines in the industry, our equipment is used to manufacture a wide range of plastic products, such as bottles and caps for beverages, containers for food, automotive components, and consumer electronic parts. We have more than 40 service and sales offices, employ over 4,000 people worldwide and support customers in more than 100 countries. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Canada, the United States, Luxembourg, Austria and China.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sales Prospector Nigeria (m/f)
Job ID: 11596
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- In this role you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to growth our existing customer base, and increase our opportunity line.
- You will operate from home office with assistance from our regional office in Johannesburg / South Africa, and from our European headquarters located in Dudelange / Luxembourg.
- You will report to the General Manager Sales located in Johannesburg / South Africa.
- This role is ideal for candidates who enjoy consultative selling, are achievement-oriented and will think outside-the-box to exceed annual sales goals through strong collaboration with partners and internal stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate is success-driven, fast-paced, and works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
- This would include developing an understanding of new categories and looking at customers currently in adjacent segments.
- After an initial training period in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg, you will be based in Nigeria as part of our African sales team.
- Engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with value selling, ideally in capital equipment industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time management / organizational skills
- Familiar travelling to and within Nigeria
- Travel of approx. 60 – 70%
- Excellent English language skills.
- Proven track record of strong customer relationships
- Experience with preliminary validation of customer on first contact
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative in business situation
- Ability to provide customers with Husky product information, and have the willingness to discuss the points that are most relevant to the customer’s situation
- Ability to lead without authority
- Identify and develop new business prospects within your respective region
- Manage data for new and prospective customers
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports
- Provide regular updates to sales lead.
- Demonstrate to prospects the higher value and Husky advantage of our products and services
- Build and cultivate relationships by both initiating and following up with communication in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Working with the regional sales lead to develop and growth the sales opportunity pipeline with a focus on meeting both revenue and order targets