IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor (IT)
Reports To: Head, Internal Audit
- The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for leading and performing assurance and consulting internal audit projects, as part of the annual risk-based internal audit plan.
- This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope for IT and operational engagement, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units focusing on governance, risk management and control processes within IHS.
- This responsibility includes performing follow-up remediation efforts and assisting internal audit management with periodic reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Group Director of Audit & Risk, audit committee and related governing authorities; and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout IHS.
- The incumbent must be able to manage challenges arising from prioritizing planned internal audits and other assigned projects.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor degree (or related) in Sciences, Social Science and related discipline.
- CISA, CIA, ACCA, ACA or related professional qualifications preferably in IT.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal auditing, external auditing and/or compliance monitoring in a reputable organisation with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in IT auditing is an added advantage.
- Prior Telecommunications or Telecoms Infrastructure exposure is an added advantage.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and IT framework and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes.
- Knowledge of fraud schemes and indicators of fraud.
- Familiarity with Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Coordinate audit team in planning, executing, and reporting audit engagements.
- Supervise work done by other team members, when assigned to lead audits, to ensure they are in line with internal audit methodology.
- Prepare audit work programme for assigned IT and operational audits.
- Conduct audit of functional areas in IHS
- Document work done in accordance with internal audit manual and methodology.
- Prepare audit reports to be reviewed by Head, Internal Audit
- Monitor changes to the Company’s policies and procedures and assist in documenting and storing such data in the databases maintained by the unit
- Update and maintain outstanding actions database and liaise with process owners on implementation status.
- Conduct formal follow-up audits of implementation status of agreed management action plans per approved risk-based audit plan.
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the Head, Internal Audit on the implementation of assigned engagements
- Perform regional audits, spot checks and other special assignment assigned.
Deadline: 23rd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.