MacTay Consulting – Our client, a giant in the Telecomms industry, is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Property (Strategic Projects) (Nigerians or Repatriates)
Location: Lekki 1, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance and Service Level Management
- The Senior Manager, Property (Strategic Projects) is responsible for the Project management and roll out of Build to fill (BTF) and Fibre Optic projects including Planning, execution & control of the Service Delivery framework achieving the overall Strategic Business objectives.
- The incumbent will equally be responsible for developing a Project Management framework for managing, mentoring and coaching the team of Site Acquisition Managers and middle level management team members to ensure the successful delivery of projects undertaken by the Company.
- He/she will undertake the definition and compliance of the Project Management Processes and best practices with in the organization, by acting as the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and execution within the property department.
- He/She will work closely with the Head of Property to provide guidance and make recommendations in the management of key initiatives and programs supporting the strategic objectives of the organization towards the end-to-end delivery of the Build to fill (BTF) and Fibre Optic projects.
Functional Knowledge and Competencies:
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout our Clients organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Turnkey Fibre Optic Network Solutions for the telecommunications industry.
- Excellent financial and budgetary skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Intermediate to expert level Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to manage a wide scope of work.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage for results.
- Proven ability to manage and foster relationships with contractors and vendors.
- Ability to interact with customers and site development professionals.
- Understanding of telecommunications design and construction techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in project / program management with wireless telecommunication site construction projects through prior experience in network deployment and/or large-scale construction projects preferred.
- Demonstrable awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Fluency in any Nigerian language; Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo will be an added advantage.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions.
- Establishment of site acquisition, site build and Fibre Optic project programs and delivery against such program.
- Responsible for the planning and overall site acquisition, permitting and site build project schedule along with the use and management of appropriate internal tracking system.
- Responsible for ensuring all risks to both site acquisition project and program are identified, managed and mitigated.
- Responsible for fostering and managing relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiations performed by site acquisition Managers to meet business guidelines. Work with site acquisition personnel, internal and external teams to resolve business, permit and legal approval issues.
- Provide regular reports to management detailing project performance, staffing updates and new business opportunities.
- Evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency of execution of site acquisition & permit program.
- May serve as a point of contact for the landlord, community and/or government agencies. May be involved in managing permit agencies.
- Manage preparation and update of site status reports/databases, site close-out packages, and attend vendor and client meetings as required.
- Oversee the completion of Permit applications for submittal to jurisdictions and coordinate the permit processes with internal and external resources.
- Manage quality control, data entry and tracking of Site Candidate Packages, Collocation Applications, License/Lease Agreements, and other Site Acquisition documentation.
- Manage the Coordination, scheduling and tracking of site visits and technical team visits with various departments.
- Coordinate, order and ensure compliance with our clients Nigeria safety and regulatory requirements for all company personnel and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure compliance with clients Nigeria building specification, so to the applicable building code of practice.
- Lead and manage the implementation of project within the Program including defining project scope and start up activities prior to initiation.
- Manage interdependencies between your assigned project and other projects within the Program.
- Produce the Business Case and deliver the project ensuring that business case benefits can be realized and offer value for money.
- Plan for and deliver all aspects of the project including related Business Change
- Identify and undertake engagement with a full range of stakeholders and manage communications with those stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for resource management and forward planning with internal parties, customers and suppliers.
- Manage site acquisition project finances by daily tracking of financial detail and by providing weekly or monthly reports as directed.
- Ability to manage and drive vendors for speedy deliverables.
Education and Experience:
- Project Management or Constriction Management Degree and post-graduate qualification, preferably Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of ten (10) or more years of experience in project managing wireless telecommunication site development, including co-location and site sharing; familiarity with Rollout Operations involving Civil Site Build and Fibre deployment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Process orientated
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Computer Skill – Microsoft word, Excel, Power and performance tools.
Note: The information contained within this role brief is provided for guidance, is not contractual, and is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the post holder may have.