Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Statistician – Data Manager
Report to: Director, Survey Methods.
Scope of Work
- Monitor and report infectious disease data – Perform SAS programming and other analysis tools on assigned research projects. Including preparing timely analytic and deliverable reports to support research aims and project implementation. Including documenting quality, timeliness and completeness of data and milestones.
- Provide input into the study protocols, regulatory documents, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Regulatory Compliance – assume responsibility for supporting all research projects to ensure compliance with IRB, human subjects, material transfer agreements
- Track sample transfers and ensure that results from laboratory investigations are reported and added to data sets and regulatory processes are followed
- Support Business Development activities
- 100% expat position in Nigeria
- Through a contract with US CDC, the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) implements the Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS). The NAIIS program assists Nigeria to implement household-based assessments for HIV/AIDS
- The Division of Epidemiology and Prevention at the IHV, conducts international HIV/AIDS research studies with emphasis on key populations and is building and maintaining extramural funding based on innovative strategies of prevention and control of HIV infections. These studies need epidemiology support for the day to day management of data from the studies.
Deadline: 22nd May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online