United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Teller
Reference No: HRTRCQ218
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- Verify and receive loan and utility bills payments.
- Time-stamp(Validate) and signature-verify all customers’ requests and refer those that require call-back/status approval to supervisor for action
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging the money, turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Ensure proper and accurate balancing of cash transactions on a daily basis and ensure there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
- Promote the bank’s products and services by cross-selling, ascertaining customers need and directing customers to the customer relationship officers or officers concerned.
- To accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings withdrawals
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
- Comply with all bank and regulatory body policies, procedures and regulations
- Answer customer inquiries and refers customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Other duties as assigned by the Cash Officer
- Escalate issues on cash shortage, overpayment, loss and theft.
- Associated adhoc assignments
- Minimum Educational level- OND in any related discipline
- Age: 27 years and below
- Minimum experience- NIL
- Previous teller experience preferred
- Basic Accounting and Mathematical skills
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each
Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees:
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Fast and error free processing
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Good team player
- Good Numerical skills
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed
Application Deadline 27th May, 2018.