Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, is one of Nigeria’s leading Oil and Gas Company. Due to internal expansion and re-structuring, they are looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Finance
Reports to: Financial Controller
- The Assistant Manager – Finance shall provide support to the Financial Controller
- He/she shall also be responsible for assisting in the management of the finance team.
- Assists in the management of the finance team.
- Gets work done through the subordinate members of the finance team, by assigning work to them.
- Ensure all assets are tagged and maintain numbering database.
- Maintain an updated FA register outside SAP and update monthly
- Reconcile financial Information on FA register [Cost, Deprecation, Accum. dep and NBV] to GL in SAP within work day 5.
- Ensure all disposals and impaired assets are updated in SAP
- Ensure all loans are tracked, exist in SAP and evidence of interest re-computation with bank charges available monthly.
- Ensure accurate loan schedules are maintained and agrees to the GL
- Ensure de-recognition is effected as at when due and review for this on a monthly basis.
- Develop an accrual checklist
- Ensure internal controls company -wide.
- Custodian of the finance manual.
- Ensure manual is in line with practice.
- Assists in ensuring the optimal productivity of the subordinate members of the Finance team.
- Gives priority to the success of the finance department.
- Assists in setting work schedules for subordinate members of the Finance team.
- Preparation of management reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis which includes Profit or loss account, Balance sheet and Cash flow statement.
- Review of bank reconciliation report of agreed bank account within work day 5.
- Review and analysis of TB and general accounts monthly
- Liaison with external auditors for the statutory audit.
- Ensure SAP is fully optimized and all transactions automated.
- Manage the Chart of Account
- Ensure team fully appreciates SAP and help competence.
- Ensure manual is strictly adhered to by all sub-finance units
- Creating all vendors, Assets, customers, GL accounts and Bank account on SAP.
- Builds a trusting relationship with the Financial Controller, the subordinate members of the finance team and other stake holders.
- All reports received monthly as scheduled.
- Close and open period on SAP monthly
- Conduct monthly stock count to reconcile to GL and flag exceptions.
- Reconcile the manual stock record to GL.
- Assisting in coordination of tax audit and providing support to the tax function.
- Providing support to any other project related assignments as required by the Financial
- A Degree in related discipline from a good tertiary institution.
- SAP ERP experience is an added advantage
- ICAN/ACCA qualification
- At least 6 years post-ICAN qualification experience
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of business and official matters
- People management
- Financial controls
- Visible personal integrity.
- Assets & Liabilities management.
- Management accounting
- Treasury & funds management
- Creativity & innovation
- Oral & written communication
- Excellent MS Excel Skills
Deadline: 18th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Kindly make the job title subject of the mail
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.