Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor Vacancy at the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP)
The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was founded on the belief that social and behavior change communication (SBCC) is key to solving the world’s most pressing health problems. Our mission is to inspire and empower people around the world to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Project Director
- CCP will be implementing the USAID Breakthrough-ACTION-Nigeria project that will use state-of- the-art, evidence-based tools to encourage people in developing countries to adopt healthy behaviours. Much of the work will harness the power of communication – from mass media campaigns to TV and radio dramas to simple posters in a health clinic – to inspire long-lasting change.
- The project will also take advantage of other behavioural science approaches such as behavioural economics and human-centred design to improve programs.
The proposed Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor must meet or exceed all of the following specific requirements:
- A senior technical expert with an advanced degree in Public Health, Communication, or Marketing
- At least 10 years of experience working in international health, including experience in a technical leadership capacity on large activities focused primarily on social and behavior change.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and at least one local Nigerian language.
- Experience working across Nigerian government bodies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor will lead key activities with particular attention to strengthening public sector systems for effective coordination of SBC at the national and sub-national levels, strengthening institutional capacity among key Nigerian stakeholders.
- S/he will possess experience and demonstrated success in strengthening public sector capacity for SBC.
- S/he will possess a strong understanding of best practices in individual and institutional capacity strengthening for SBC, and will have personal experience in applying key approaches.
- S/he will represent Breakthrough-Action/Nigeria to USAID and the GoN at national and subnational levels, and will cultivate open and collaborative management relationships with the management team at USAID/Nigeria, and other Mission-funded activities.
- S/he will work with other senior staff to monitor activities and proactively engage, coordinate and convene public and private actors to advance the practice of SBC in Nigeria.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Cover Letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: CHINEDU OGUAGHAMBA).
- The subject line of your email should read EXACTLY “Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor – Abuja” only.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to provide industry certifications.