Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Quantity Surveyor
Key Job Requirements
- A good University Degree or its equivalent in Quantity Survey
- Should possess atleast 7-10 years post-qualification of proven work experience as a Quantity Surveyor in road and bridges construction.
- Must be a Member of Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Must possess a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking.
- Application of Microsoft project to produce programme of work
- Ability to produce method statement/work methodology without supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for Projects.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, Bills of Quantities for all disciplines and Costs Estimates.
- Liaise with Project Directors and attend Tender procedures and prepare Tender Reports
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the Projects.
- Prepare award of contracts, checks contract documents as well as make recommendations of contractor’s valuations.
- Provide assistance to Project Manager on contractual issues.
- Evaluate variations and handle contractual correspondences.
- Attend progress meetings and provide updates Client with projection of costs as required.
- Prepare evaluations/ cost projections of the assignment to meet requirements of works in progress
- Liaise with contractors to advise on requirements of contract
- Inspect site for collation of information for monthly statement which includes but not limited to recommendation on interim payments, statement of claims from contractor, anticipated claims from contractor and assessment of costs of works and expected final cost.
- Prepare variation orders through site visits to record information on claims/variations.
- Perform cost analysis and draw up reports on changes to works and contractor’s claims.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare and approve contractor’s final accounts.
- Finalize the Final Account of projects.
- Assist in any contracts administration duties related to QS.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as Site Managers, Project Managers and Site Engineers.
Deadline: 30th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the e-mail e.g. “Chief Quantity Surveyor”
Note: Multiple applications from the same applicant will not be condoned.