Filmhouse Limited is a dynamic film exhibition company. Our expertise are in the areas of; Cinema operation: we Manage sites; Own sites, Consultancy for cinema development: Design; Fit-out; Cinema project management, Film Distribution: Rights Aquisition; Booking into cinemas; content development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cinema Branch Manager
- Cinema Managers are in charge of all aspects of the day-to-day supervision of cinemas
- They lead cinema operations to ensure and meet the customer needs and achieve revenue targets
- They perform their duties utilizing efficient operations which are focused on fair people management systems and standard operating procedures.
Cinema Managers are responsible for performing the following duties:
- Working together with agencies to ensure that housekeeping and security standards are obeyed;
- Promoting and marketing films; keeping financial and statistical records; writing reports and financial forecasts;
- Making sure that excellent customer service is provided; dealing with customer inquiries and complaints; maintaining cinema standards; maximizing productivity and meeting sales targets;
- Motivating all staff to do their best in performing their duties; evaluating the performance of the cinema staff; and ensuring that operating and accounting procedures and standards are obeyed.
- Ensuring that the cinema comply with health and safety legislations;
- Recruiting, training, managing and appraising staff;
Education and Training Requirements
- Any Bachelor’s Degree is acceptable for a Cinema Manager position. However, employers may look for graduates who have received training in subjects such as Management, Business Studies, Travel, Leisure or Tourism Studies
- Although related experience is not usually required, a part-time or vacation cinema work experience can be useful.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- All candidates must be self-confident, with commercial awareness and ability to establish and maintain good relationships with a wide variety of people
- Personal traits such as good problem solving, interpersonal and verbal communication, and organizational skills are generally accepted as being vital
- Excellent business and IT skills are also of utmost importance. They must also possess computer skills and an ability to endure a deadline driven setting.
- Working hours of a Cinema Manager normally begins around 9am up until midnight. Work is mostly on a flexible shift basis within the cinema
- They often work even during late evenings and weekends. They are most likely to travel in order to attend industry meetings, cover other sites, etc, although some jobs may include attending on two sites
- Being absent from home overnight and work or travel abroad are not uncommon.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the branch and position you are applying for.
Application Deadline 15th June, 2018.