Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Territory Logistics Manager
- The Territory Logistics Manager (TLM) manages logistics operations, both forward and reverse, across the entire territory supply chain under them – this includes Primary Supply, import and export, secondary locations, warehousing, distribution, transportation, inventory management, and COGS Optimization for the zone.
- The TLM plans, organizes, directs, manages, evaluates, and is responsible for the operations and budgeting for logistics functions including distribution and replenishment, warehousing, inventory control, transportation, and strategic planning for the zone.
- The role includes the identification of opportunities for business process improvements. OGE provides the TLM with initial training and ongoing coaching and support.
- Manage stock levels and consumption rate by product/item to ascertain and project demand for the zone.
- Communicate timely the territory demand to Primary Supply.
- Ensure stock movements at national and other warehouses in the territory are updated timely in Surge, Bincard, Daily Count sheets and tracking tools
- Ensure warehouse stock reconciliation is conducted fully on weekly basis
- Conduct supportive audits to ensure warehousing guidance is followed / in place
- Liaise with software team and service department to fine-tune/customize the inventory software to accurately capture the actual desired logistics processes
- Ensure compliance with safety and transport policies, local regulations, HSEQ and OSHA requirements
- Proactively identify and manage risks within the logistics activities
- Hold a monthly Territory Logistics meeting to set and discuss priorities.
- Conduct visits to audit and discuss challenges in secondary locations
- Advise on all Territory Logistics financial requests before being approved or forwarded for approval or paid; Approve all departmental expenses within LOA
- Support development of warehouse managers, warehouse supervisors and logistics officers’ knowledge and skills
- Oversee the completion of quarterly Performance Reviews of warehouse staff
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields such as Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Business Administration, Marketing, Procurement, IT, Accounting and Finance with a record of strong academic performance
- 1+ years of managerial experience in logistics, the supply chain or a related field
- (Preferred domains: renewable energy, telecom, or FMCG)
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stuff.
- Commits to premium standards in everything. Uses quality measures & problem-solving to improve process. Ensures compliance with relevant standards & procedures.
- Excellent team player, thoughtful, unafraid to express an opinion
- Willingness to work flexibly, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ambition to grow professionally and contribute to the development of the company
- Desire to coach, grow and mentor others
Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The employee shall serve the employer in the capacity of Office Manager.
- The Office Manager is expected to role model Zola’s core values, oversee all office admin related to operations at the OPCO Head office including managing office coordinators, drivers, and other auxiliary support employees, ensuring that the building is safe and with functioning utilities and maintaining a welcoming environment for all employees and visitors.
- Act as the ‘face’ of the business and are the first port of call for all visitors;
- Manage & Supervise office casual staff including cooks, cleaners, and national drivers.
- Ensure office equipment, utilities, and furniture are well-maintained and in good working order
- Handle ad hoc admin work and any other requests from HQ staff (e.g., travel arrangements and bookings; office errands)
- Ensure the office and supply areas are professional, clean and tidy at all times
- Manage and support the office admin team
- Oversee proper management of the office admin budget
- Maintain national vehicles fleet schedule including vehicle maintenance.
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations, and upgrade company contacts /staff contacts.
- Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs.
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed.
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Ensure all Office licenses are up to date.
- Design filing systems for physical and electronic documents and ensure filling systems are maintained and updated.
- Ensure security & protection of files and records.
- Bachelor Degree in any studies, although administrative studies will be more favourable.
- +2 years of experience in administrative/ Office Management
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Problem-solving skills and project management ability.
- Fluent in Swahili and English. ( both verbal & written)
- Willingness to work a variety of hours as business demands, including weekends and holidays.
- Are you interested in this position and join our team in Lagos, Nigeria, let’s connect and send your resume via our career page. Applications that include a resume/curriculum vitae have preference.
Job Title: Field Sales Manager
- Zola Electric is seeking an experienced Field Sales Manager who will drive sales in their region working together with the deputy head of sales
- The candidate is expected to drive sales through B2B (Business to Business), our partnership channels, coach, manage & motivate the SSO’s and SLs under them; coordinate and implement all day to day decisions necessary for the team to work effectively
- Zola will provide the Field Sales Manager with initial training in Arusha and support during the initial stages of expansion. The Field Sales Manager is expected to use these new skills, his/her own experience and creativity to build a Sales team in line with Zola culture and values
- This role offers a tremendous opportunity to get impressive results within the confines of a fast-growing start-up organization.
- Leading a team of sales representatives and coaching them in their respective field
- Training sales team on sales techniques, administration and products.
- Planning, executing, and managing sales strategies
- Generating new leads, developing existing customers and responding to customer enquiries.
- Responsible for sales through partner channels and through B2B
- Responsible for arranging and coordinating sales meetings
- Manage the territory planning and allocation for own team
- Liaise with territory manager to ensure operations in the field proceed smoothly
- Responsible for recruiting and training the right candidates for sale agent role
- A proven track record in sales and sales leadership.
- Has a track record of working hard physically, mentally and emotionally
- Fluent in Swahili and English
- Excellent team player, thoughtful and unafraid to express an opinion
Job Title: Head of Sales
The Head of Sales Nigeria develops and delivers a commercial strategy as well as drive sales and maximizes sales production through the Direct Sales Channel in a scalable and effective manner through the building and management of an efficient Direct Sales Team. The Head of Sales reports to the Managing Director of Nigeria of Zola Electric. This role is responsible for strategic collaboration, direct sales oversight, budget management, people and stakeholder management, related activities are:
- Participate in strategic meetings to contribute to the country’s direct sales strategy and business plan;
- Source and generate new ideas to input into the strategy and provide for strategic adjustments;
- Develop implementation plan of Direct Sales Strategy in collaboration with the team;
- Develop and ensure Group commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continuous improvement;
- Developing a commercial strategy, along with the successful communication and delivery of the strategy;
- Developing and executing business strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the strategic plans;
- Set direct sales targets as per business plan and set up teams to deliver on sales targets;
- Guide and direct commercial activity across the country, maximizing the potential of the ZOLA brand products;
- New business development, negotiations and commercial contracts in line with proposed budgeted growth;
- Monitor and evaluate emerging business opportunities and position the ZEGHA’s sales resource and technical capability accordingly;
- Monitor and track daily sales targets and activities to ensure line management is managing the day-to-day sales operations effectively;
- Convene and chair weekly and monthly sales meetings with the sales team to discuss delivery of sales targets;
- Provide weekly feedback on sales targets to Country MD to review country performance and identify gaps where interventions are required;
- Participate in quarterly meetings with team to review sales performance and come up with the necessary adjustments;
- Monitor the execution of the credit process and trends and make the necessary adjustments in consultation with Platform team;
- Monitor customer satisfaction score and devise interventions to improve ratings;
- Participate in the identification and assessment of risks, formulating risk mitigating strategies in collaboration with the Country MD.
- MBA, Degree in Marketing or related field of study;
- 8+ years’ of experience in a sales environment (door to door), of which 5 years is at a management level;
- Direct Sales management experience, experience of the expansion into new territories;
- Knowledge of methodologies in Direct Sales;
- Understanding of the local business environment and channels;
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation pertaining to the country;
- Knowledge of financial principles;
- Strategic planning and leadership skills;
- People and relationship management skills;
- Networking and negotiation skills;
- Customer focused, ethical team player;
- Required to work out in the field, therefore significant travel is required.
Job Title: Accountant
- Zola Electric is seeking an experienced Accountant who will be a part of the Corporate Controller’s organization. The role focusses on Tax & Statutory compliance, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivables, Bank reconciliations and Fixed Assets in the organization
- The person works with local stakeholders and suppliers on queries and reports directly to Accounting Manager
- Timely preparation of accurate due tax schedules for review by the finance manager
- Timely payment of all due taxes, proper filing of tax declaration & local compliance reporting
- Maintenance of up-to-date tax certificate before the expiry of existing tax certificate
- Liaise with external tax consultants
- Assist in payroll processing by verifying correctness & accuracy of the payroll, capturing the payroll entries into the financial system, subsequently paying the payroll.
- Manage the imprest process in the country
- Preparation of staff loans, staff advances and staff sales commission’s schedule. Reconciliation and run report for review by the finance manager
- Assist service managers in maintenance of accurate and up-to-date service/installation agents’ data for buy-in deduction and any other deductions as applicable
- Capture journals into the financial system for approval by the finance manager
- Assist with accounts payable queries and escalate any unresolved queries to the Finance Manager and Corporate Controller
- Monitor the handling of petty cash, collation of supporting documents/receipts and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation for the annual external audit and internal audits by ensuring that working paper files and the necessary supporting documentation is made available
- Monthly preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and follow up.
- Maintain proper records and filing systems to ensure completeness, validity, and accuracy of financial transactions
- Fixed Asset Management – Manage the asset tagging process based on input from the central team that maintains the asset register.
- Participate in a physical inventory (PI) to test what has been recorded in the asset register to confirm the existence of the assets, ensuring that any missing assets are promptly written off.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Participate in weekly Core Team Meetings and monthly Performance Review Meetings
- Liaises closely with the finance manager to provide the necessary updates on day-to-day activities
- Liaise with the central accounting team on accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Maintain sound working relationships with financial institutions, relevant authorities, especially Revenue Authority
- Support the collaboration across functions to understand and resolve problems on the ground
Academic and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience, ideally 3-5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting principles
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Team player
- Work under pressure
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
- To manage the operational financial functions of the country to minimise financial risks and manage the sustainability of operations in the country.
- Participate in strategic meetings to develop and implement Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines
- Develop implementation plan of Financial Strategy in collaboration with the team and monitor implementation therein
- Budget Management and Cash Flow Management activities; including periodic cash flow projections, devising and implementation of policies and procedures, payment approval processes, providing guidance to management to optimize expenditure etc.
- Ownership of Country Financial Statements: Overall accountability for postings to the country financial ledgers. Reviewer and approver of periodic expenditure reports, monthly reconciliations and annual financial statements.
- General administration of Financial Management, including management and maintenance of an effective document management system and ensuring that all operating permits are in place
- Inventory and Fixed Asset Management: Periodic verification of stock counts, writing-off of stock losses, management of asset register and ensuring that an active insurance policy secures assets
- Risk Management: Devising and implementing periodic financial and operational risk assessments and internal audits to ensure that risks are properly managed
- Budget Management: Responsible for developing and monitoring annual departmental budgets, assessment of budget variance and authorize expenses
- Stakeholder Management: Actively participate in periodic meetings, provide operational updates to country MD, provide financial advice to country MD/heads of departments and maintaining working relationships with relevant authorities especially Revenue Authority
- People Management: Responsible for leading the recruitment, managing learning & development and managing performance reviews of own team members
- Relevant post-graduation qualification CA, CPA, or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance.
- 5+ years financial management experience
- Knowledge of financial management principles
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Understanding of the local business environment
- Knowledge of the relevant financial legislation pertaining to the country
- Strategic planning skills
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- Risk management skills
Job Title: Territory Service Manager
- Working with country Head of Service, the Service Territory Manager is a senior management position responsible for leading a team of managers, staff, and contractors to provide service and ensure excellent customer satisfaction in their territory
- The Territory Service Manager will use his/her own experience and creativity to develop and execute strategies to delight customers and achieve company service targets.
- Service Territory Management: Strategy, formulate, translate and implement Zola service strategy and business objectives into field operations within your service territory.
- Retail & Field Service: Ensure effective and efficient operations across your service territory through consistent compliance with processes and policies.
- Staff Management: Supervise Service Field Managers planning, create and implement weekly, monthly and quarterly plans to drive service results and meet set targets.
- Performance Management: Track and analyze KPIs to identify critical patterns and recommend appropriate actions to Field Service Managers.
- Staff Oversight: Facilitate individual / group check-ins to drive efficiency and accountability down the organization.
- Performance reviews: Assess performance for Field Service Managers and complete Field Service Manager scorecards monthly.
- Leadership: Demonstrate excellent leadership to your team through leading by example.
- Staff development: Create a platform for your team to shine by enhancing their knowledge and skills through training, support, mentorship and coaching.
- Financial Management: Ensure that all finances for your service territory meet Zola’s budget objectives and comply with finance SOPs & Policies, this includes but not limited to: all field & retail shops Opex, agent commissions, Staff overtimes etc. Create value.
- Inventory Management: Oversee weekly inventory reconciliation for all staff and contractors in your territory. Reinforce control over damages and losses as the final decision maker for inventory accounts within your territory. Participate in designing, improving, and implementing strategies to improve last mile inventory efficiency.
- Building a Vibrant Zola Community: Participate and engage actively in the last mile service delivery activities not limited to customer homes visit and community events within your territory. Cultivate and embed Zola culture within your team through active and passive participation in individual / group meetings and social events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and/ro relevant qualification is preferred. Master’s Degree and beyond is an additional advantage
- Professional qualifications in Customer Service is an additional advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze both numeric and verbal data correctly to identify critical connections and patterns to recommend appropriate actions and make tactical decisions.
- Achievement focus, effectiveness, ability to drive actions and results promptly without quality compromises.
- Efficiency, commitment to delivering more results for every coin spent.
- Managerial & Leadership Skills, self management, disciplined, confident, organized, motivated, and time-conscious,
- Work independence: Ability to multi-task and set priorities for self and others
- Staff Management: Ability to manage managers and deliver results
- Planning: Ability to translate complex goals into concrete plans and processes.
- Fluent in both English and Swahili. (both written and spoken).
Job Title: Deputy Head of Sales
- This role is office based with a significant travel component. The candidate is expected to drive sales through our partnership channels, coach, manage and motivate the team under them and coordinate and implement all day to day decisions necessary for the team to work effectively. The candidate is expected to analyse daily, weekly and monthly results, spot trends and act on them quickly.
- This role is responsible for the overall success of a sales team of over 100 people. Deputy Head of Sales is expected to get great sales results and ensure that each team member is living and working in a set sales territory.
- This role offers a tremendous opportunity to get impressive results within the confines of a fast-growing start-up organization.
- Responsible for sales through direct as well as partner channels and delivering results
- Providing solid leadership to your salesforce to deliver impeccable results
- Lead by example, provide coaching to your team members consistently and regularly
- Evaluate sales process conformity through field evaluations, spot checks and up trainings
- Ensuring periodic tracking of sales trends and ensuring that territories covered are based on the plans
- Ensuring and promoting adherence to internal processes around reporting, sales and leadership
- Liaise with Country Head of Sales to ensure operations in the field proceed smoothly and effectively
- Liaise with partners – within OGE and external entities (like Government, Business Partners etc.) as necessary
- Report to Human Capital department on any location changes outside your zone
- Attend weekly sales meetings and hold personal conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree (BSc/BA/..) in any discipline
- Professional qualifications in Sales, Customer Service and Quality is desirable
- 4-6 Years of management/leadership experience, 2 year’s experience in Direct Sales will be an additional advantage
- 2 Years of direct supervisory experience
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with customers and the staff.
- Proven track record of working hard physically, mentally and emotionally
- Excellent team player, thoughtful, unafraid to express an opinion or tackle poor performance.
- Willingness to work flexibly as business demands, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel essentially
- Desire to coach and mentor others
- Effective time management skills and a high level of organization is essential