Delta State University, Abraka 2018/2019 Admissions into Foundation Programmes
Delta State University, Abraka – In collaboration with the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the school of Foundation Studies for the 2018/2019 Academic session.
Admissions into a One-Year Foundation Programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic Session
- Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by JUPEB are eligible for consideration into 200 level of the Degree programme of the University through JAMB.
- All the combinations shown in the table meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the Delta State University and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT, FUPRE, UNICAL, LASU, FUTO, UNILORIN ,UNIBEN, NDU, ESUT, ABUAD etc.
Available Subject Combination
- English & Literary Studies
- Fine & Applied Arts
- History & Inter. Studies
- Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Government/Literature/ CRS
- Economics/Government/ Literature
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Geography& Regional Plan.
- Political Science
- Mass Communication
- Economics/Business Studies/Government
- Accounting/Economics/ Government
- Biology/Economics/ Government
- Government/Literature/ CRS
- Medical Biochemistry
- Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- Animal & Environ. Biology
- Medicine & Surgery
- Biochemistry Tech. (SLT)
- Biological Tech. (SLT)
Physical Sciences/ Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Geography/Mathematics/Physics (Geology)/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics
- Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in at least five (5) “O” Level subjects, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB).
- However, for Medicine & Surgery, Nursing and Pharmacy the 5 O’ level credit must be at one sitting.
Duration of Programme
- The duration of study is a minimum of one Academic Session of Two Semesters. Successful candidates are to be accommodated in the University Halls of resident in Site II, Abraka.
Mode of Study
- Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, Delta State University, Lectures will be conducted from 8 a.m – 4p.m. Monday to Friday
Deadline:3rd August, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Candidates are required to generate a virtual PIN with N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only). Evidence of payment (Bank tellers) for Centre Screening (the cost covers honoraria for centre facilitation, logistics for producing screening materials and security). Payment should be made to any of the following banks:
- Unity Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Fidelity Bank
Ensure that names are correctly entered. Errors will not be entertained.
Procedure to Generate Virtual PIN
- Select JUPEB button box
- Then, click Apply
- Submit the form and generate PIN
- Print out the PIN generated.
- Visit any of the specified banks for payment.
After payment with your reference code?, Please Click Here to continue
The application form must be correctly filled with all the required information before submitting online and thereafter print out in the DELSU website.
Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule.
All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
The Entrance Examination into the Foundation Programme will hold at the Delta State University, Site III as follows:
- Thursday, 9th August 2018
- Social Sciences/Management Sciences:
- Friday 10th August, 2018
- Saturday 11th August, 2018.
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and application fee forfeited.
- Only coloured print out will be accepted.
- Print at least 4 copies of the Delta State University online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- Candidates are to follow the application instruction very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.