Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employment Tax Lead – Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Baker Hughes, a GE company has an exciting opportunity for an Africa Employment Tax Lead to join our team in Nigeria.
- In this role you will need to determine and minimize the company’s worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws.
- Seasoned, senior level manager requiring in-depth understanding of regional tax issues, the oil & gas industry and how their role integrates with others within their discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College, in Finance, Law or Accounting and accredited Accountancy qualification or qualified lawyer, specializing in tax
- Minimum of 8-10 years post qualification tax experience in public accounting, law firm or industry
- Creative thinking and complex decision making ability
- Subject matter expert with deep technical expertise; viewed as a specialist within the region
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute new policies and tax processes
- French speaker advantageous.
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationships across the matrix organisation and collaborate with other team members and colleagues in other functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and influence outcomes
- Regional responsibility for BHGE employment tax matters in Africa
- Providing commercial support, tax technical analysis, policy interpretation and support with transaction execution
- Leads the implementation of new/amended employment tax policies, best practices and new tools within the region, in order to drive a consistent harmonized tax approach across BHGE
- Review and harmonise legacy BH & legacy GE Oil & Gas employment tax and social security positions and local compliance procedures
- Work alongside the Global Mobility and Immigration functions to provide employment tax guidance on the international deployment of assignees and field service engineers
- Provide technical guidance to the monthly host country shadow payroll process
- Oversight of certain country employer payroll tax filings, collaborate with local payroll teams
- Responsibility for the management of PIT audits and related reserves including Equatorial Guinea, Congo & Gabon
- Coordinate and collaborate with tax colleagues across the BHGE organization, including regional corporate tax leaders, product company tax leaders, transfer pricing leaders, the tax planning team and the tax lifecycle & analysis team
- Key point of contact for functional regional leaders, across legal, HR, finance, commercial, compliance, etc.