Federal University of Technology, Akure 2018/2019 Admission
The Federal University of Technology, Akure – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
Admissions into University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme for the 2018/2019 Academic Session
The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for Direct Entry Admission into 200 Level Undergraduate Degree Programmes. It is full time, and runs for one academic session of Two (2) semesters.
During the programme, candidates will have opportunity to write the following basic external examinations:
- Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination.
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
Candidates will be prepared for the above examinations in the following subjects combinations:
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Physics, Geography, Mathematics
- Economics, Mathematics, Biology
- Physics, Economics, Mathematics
- Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry
- Biology, Mathematics, Physics
- Geography, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics
- Candidates should possess five O/Level Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science,/Animal Husbandry, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing and Further Mathematics relevant to their proposed course of study.
For Candidates who are interested in FUTA, Admissions could be sought Into the following Schools and Departments
School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
- Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE)
- Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology (AEC)
- Animal Production and Health (APH)
- Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP)
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology (FAT)
- Food Science Technology (FST)
- Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT)
School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AGE)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEE)
- Mining Engineering (MNE)
- Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
School of Sciences (SOS)
- Biochemistry (BCH)
- Biology (BIO)
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Mathematical Science (MTS)
- Microbiology (MCB)
- Physics (PHY)
- Statistics (STA)
School of Environmental Technology (SET)
- Architecture (ARC)
- Building Technology (BDT)
- Estate Management (ESM)
- Industrial Design (IDD)
- Quantity Surveying (QSV)
- Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG)
- Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
School of Management Technology (SMAT)
- Project Management Technology (PMT)
- Entrepreneurship (ENT)
- Transport Management Technology (TMT)
School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
- Applied Geology (AGY)
- Applied Geophysics (AGP)
- Marine Science and Technology (MST)
- Meteorology & Climate Science (MCS)
- Remote Sensing & GIS (RSG)
School of Health & Health Technology (SHHT)
- Biomedical Technology (BMT)
- Human Anatomy (HUA)
- Physiology (PHS)
School of Computing (SCOM)
- Computer Science (CSC)
- Cyber-security (CYB)
- Information Technology (IFY)
- Information Systems (IFS)
- Software Engineering (SEN)
Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
Deadline: 31st July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
- When the above Application link opens, create an account.
- Login into your account with your Username and Password. Click on Payment to generate invoice for the application form.
- Candidates are to pay application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transact in any bank on the e-transact platform.
- Login to your account on-line to confirm payment and complete the on-line PDS application form.
- Submit the Online application form and print out a copy of the Examination Schedule slip.
- Entrance Examination will hold on Friday 3rd August, 2018.
- The helplines could be contacted for clarification on issue bordering on the programme during office hours only – 07056096340; 07039884823 and 07061162814.