Finance Officer Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Damasak, Borno
- The position is based in Damasak, Borno State and report to the Finance Manager. The Finance Officer is responsible for managing the cash/bank and the accountancy of the base, budget maintenance, cash forecast and cash flow.
- B.Sc. Accounting, Bachelor level degree in management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in one or more finance field.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Have exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Have interpersonal, ability to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player.
- Have good communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other financial related software.
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various logistics and other team needs.
- Ability to communicate in English and other local languages.
- Be committed to Action Against Hunger values and charter.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the cash and the accountancy of the base.
- Ensure the bank books and cash books are closed, reconciled and sent to capital on monthly basis together with the bank reconciliation and cash counts.
- Ensure compliance with the purchase procedure.
- Ensure the supervision of Finance Archivist.
- Follow-up on base filing.
- Verify and ensure compliance with all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated and completed as per Action Against Hunger archiving guidelines.
Deadline: 21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online