Financial Controller Vacancy in an Indigenous FMCG Manufacturing Company
An Indigenous FMCG Manufacturing Company with Head Office in Lagos is looking for an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- We seek qualified candidates to undertake all aspects of corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget; forecasts preparation; financial risk management amongst others.
- The prospective candidate should possess a minimum educational qualification of a first Degree or its equivalent in any course and a professional qualification in Accounting.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Accounting software (Sage Pastel, Quickbooks etc.) will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of progressively more responsible position in a similar role preferably in an FMCG firm.
Required Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Be confident, have a desire and passion for excellence and be committed to self-development.
- Be honest, demonstrate a high level of integrity, confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgment
- Be firm but fair and must have the ability to remain calm under pressure, deal with delicate situations and appropriately define priorities.
- Have an excellent organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action
- Be a highly reliable individual
- Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment
- Age: Between 35years-50years.
- Budget preparation, making reasonable financial projections where necessary;
- Keeping accurate records of financial transactions and preparing financial statements.
- Developing and implementing the business, internal control, finance and accounting policies and procedures;
- Handling all strategic financial planning (e.g. taxation, financing) and internal control matters;
- Provide diligent standard, labour and product costing analysis and identify cost savings for the Company
- Review and recommend opportunities to make production improvements through capital investments
- Work with the wider business to cost up new and existing products, providing production costs for those products
- Identifying accounting issues and offering workable and practical solutions;
- Managing the accounting/finance of the Company including treasury functions’ assessment of operating performance etc.
- General supervision and training of subordinates.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide and interpret the financial information that the company’s output is yielding and to make decisions on expenses and sales
- Supervision of controls for accounting procedures and systems;
- Managing tax returns, financial statements and year/period closings;
- Providing a reliable second line contact I follow up and excellent service delivery to clients, related companies and external parties including government agencies, tax authorities, external auditors etc.
- Preparation of periodic Management Accounts and presentation of same to the Executive Management
- Ensure proper and accurate recording of all stock transactions and liaising with all parties involved in stock management.
Deadline:12th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.