The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA), is a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, and mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilization support in times of economic stress.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professional to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Reference Number: ESO100
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chair, Board Committee on Audit, the successful candidate will coordinate the development of strategies for the internal audit function in line with global best practices and manage organization-wide compliance and control matters.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Risk Management; possession of ICAN, ACCA, CISA, CIMA, CFA and other such professional qualifications will be an advantage. Other relevant professional and post-graduate qualification(s) will be also an advantage
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years in the practice of audit, control, accountancy experience, and financial institution, seven of which must be as a senior role or in a reputable audit firm
- Good knowledge of Internal audit methodologies including Risk management methodologies
- Corporate governance procedures, Accounting standards, Auditing guidelines and Process engineering
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills as well as good report writing
- Excellent work organization and a high degree of attention to details
- Financial/data analysis skills with high level of Integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and highest level of integrity.
- Establishes direction and oversees the internal audit function to ensure stakeholder alignment and organizational goals and objectives are achieved
- Coordinate the conduct of investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organization and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action
- Provide regular, accurate and objective reports/updates for management attention
- Liaise with the Board Audit Committee and implement its recommendations
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures and processes across the organization and identify improvement opportunities
- Performs related work as assigned by the Audit Committee or the Managing Director.
- Conducts risk-based audits, both scheduled and unscheduled, with concentration on policies, procedures, corporate governance principles and practices that relate to the control, safeguarding, and accountability for funds and assets.
- Institute internal control framework and continuously evaluates, prepares and distributes reports on the results of reviews and audits including recommendations for modification of management practices, fiscal policies, and accounting procedures as justified by audit findings
- Monitor the Authority’s compliance with all applicable regulations guiding its operations.
- Manage the interface with the Offices of the Auditor-General and Accountant-General of the Federation in the review of the Authority’s transactions and activities
- Ensure violations of the Authority’s operational procedures are promptly detected and properly investigated and make recommendations on proper preventive/remedial actions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com Please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2018.
- The roles are open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.