Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Medical Affairs West Africa / SSA Medical Governance
Job ID: 243385BR
Business Unit: AMAC
Functional Area: Research & Development
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations:
- Define the Country (Group) Medical Affairs strategy and plan, including data generation, communication and Medical Expert engagement plans, ensuring strategic alignment with Cluster/Region
- Manages country interface with Global/Region/Cluster Clinical Development/ Medical Affairs, taking accountability for and optimizing all in-country clinical trials, scientific communication activities and engagement plans and drives their ultimate success
- Represents the country medical and scientific interests in internal and external (incl. HQ) activities Talent Development
- Maintains and drives the standards of medical and scientific excellence in the country through recruitment, training, deployment and development
- Support Country (Group) medical departments and MSL functions with medical capabilities and through capability building, as appropriate
- Provide medical leadership and strategic advice to Country (Group) medical departments, guiding them Above Country (Group) Activities:
- Drives key activities related to medical operations (e.g. data generation, capability building, launch readiness etc) or medical governance (e.g. GxP excellence, financial/operational controls etc) within/across country groups or cluster.
- Drive and lead clinical trials planning and execution within Country (Group)
- Ensures appropriate dissemination of trial-generated medical information to educate medical, scientific and regulatory leaders
- Is part of the development of the overall long-term strategy for the Country (Group): portfolio, growth, business partnerships, ‘roadmap’ for medical and regulatory activities
- Ensures adherence to financial and headcount targets for MA in the Country (Group)
- Acts as sponsor and contributor to relevant local and Global business/Franchise initiatives Regulatory, Safety and Risk Management
- Is accountable for adherence to all relevant safety standards, regulations and current legislation Internal / External Relationships
- Education: MD (or PhD if local requirements permit)
- English and local language/s: fluent spoken and written
- More than 5 years’ experience in clinical medicine and/or research
- Knowledge of assigned therapeutic area with ability to interact with relevant KOLs.
- Medical and scientific writing skills.
- Familiar with all aspects of drug development, GCP and local regulations
- Knowledge of clinical trial design, statistics.
- Familiar with marketing principles and strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online